Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ronbo

Re: Moho 12

Post by Ronbo »

Tuesday Aug 09.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Very excited about Moho 12! I wonder if the bezier handles are animatable.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

DarthFurby wrote:Very excited about Moho 12! I wonder if the bezier handles are animatable.
They are.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

DarthFurby wrote:Very excited about Moho 12! I wonder if the bezier handles are animatable.
And you can switch between how Moho animates them, either by changing the curve going through connected points (as Moho/AS always has) or fixed, so they don't effect connected points at all.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

synthsin75 wrote:
herbert123 wrote:Does anyone know whether project management tools are improved?
Actions can be saved to the library and shared among standardized rigs.
Assuming standardization is the key here, it seems this could open up a potential market for preset animations.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

neeters_guy wrote:Assuming standardization is the key here, it seems this could open up a potential market for preset animations.
Well, it's up to the animator how much they standardize their own rigs. But yeah, someone could release a rig (which could be transformed to fit any character) or character and sell actions to import for that rig.
pihms

Post by pihms »

I'm very impressed with all that I've seen from what all of you who have provided on Moho 12. Thank you to all that have contributed in it's development, and particularly Mike, for such impressive continued support and updates. Thank you Victor for your inspiring animations and characters that always display the new abilities of the software and possibilities for us all. I view it like how Vue in its early development for 3D environments, Moho is progressing into a more widely used commercial product that every year is showing it's power, ease of use, and speed to get the job done.

I look forward to it coming out on Tuesday and get my hands on it, providing the upgrade pricing is reasonable, which it has been in the past.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If you want to make a library of Actions that will be shared by many characters, it can be done but it takes some planning before you start saving your Actions.

It''s just like with motion capture for 3D animation: there are a few accepted standards for hierarchical structure and bone naming that must be followed if you want to apply mocap data to a character and make use of a 'standard' library of motions. Attaching additional bones (wings, tails, and other accessories) and rig controls is allowed so long as you don't interrupt the main hierarchy.

With Moho, it's really not that different. If you wish to share Actions with a different character, you'll need decide on a 'standard' skeletal structure and naming convention, and stick with it. You can customize the rig for each character as long as you don't upset the flow of the main hierarchy.

Obviously, this is easier when all your characters are similar, i.e., all bipeds and have similar body proportions. It gets trickier when you try to mix characters with very different proportions but it can be done if you understand how Actions and targeting works.

Anyway, it's all doable but you have to be disciplined about it. Here are some tips:
  • This is probably obvious but your 'shared' Actions should have keyframes only for the common skeletal bones. Actions that have keyframes for bones that exist only in specific characters probably should be defined as character specific Actions. It's probably a good idea to add a prefix to your Action name that lets you know if it's a shareable Action or a character specific Action. It doesn't matter what you call them, just be consistent with the naming convention.
  • I think Moho will skip applying a keyframes to any bones it can't find in the target character, but obviously the animation might get weird.
  • I believe you can have different bone lengths in the target character (within reason) and still make the Actions work. In some cases, you'll need to offset the rotation in joints like the shoulders or elbows. If you're clever about this, you can build in 'adjustment' bones in-between the 'animation' bones.
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

Looks like it's released now :D
http://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio-pro.html

Had it in my cart to check out, but seem to recall something about there being an early bird special???
preecher

Post by preecher »

wow..i was all ready for the "EARLY ADOPTER SALE" and it looks like they decided to not do one...anyway that price is ridiculous 4 me...i mean i have a lot of software and i got anime studio debut 10 with a wacom tablet i have so i was excited to upgrade. i was expecting around 150.00....they aren't even offering any upgrade from debut 10, only 11 which i find very disappointing and i don't like the marketing this way. i mean i signed up for an email about an early adopter sale and i have been a long time customer of smith micro..back to curious labs....sooo///again it's not the money...it's what is obvious about this marketing model your using....good luck with it....

registered products of yours i have ...poser pro current
clip paint studio ex current
a.s.debut 10 looks like it's staying here... again good luck with your future endeavors....

meanwhile reallusion is having a sale on crazytalk animator 2 which looks very similar...bundles are cheaper than this...
Last edited by preecher on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Half-price upgrade is better than they've done in many versions...and this one is well worth it. I think the upgrade price was typically 2/3 full price. I don't remember them ever doing Debut to latest Pro upgrade from more than the last version though, so I'm not sure why you'd expect that. I think they've done the same price to upgrade from Debut or Pro of the last version, but that's kind of unfair to those who spent the money to buy the last version of Pro.

And if you're only using Debut, just pick up Moho Debut12 for $70. http://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio-debut.html
Buying Moho Debut is still cheaper than finding a copy of AS Debut 11 on Amazon and upgrading to Moho Debut.

But considering this is your first post here, I doubt you're a serious long-time customer. And this marketing model beats the hell out of subscriptions (which you lose the use of if you quit paying).
preecher

Post by preecher »

yes i'm new to anime studio but not smith micro and this is bad marketing...and i looked at as11 and they where offering upgrades from debut 9 and 10 so your info is incorrect even tho u sound unsure...not very friendly either...'your first post here so piss on you'...that's what i say about this program...i'll use lightwave instead...much easier and can use my assets over and over without going thru all that...turn the model and reposition the points...i don't need it...i guess i have to much money and looking for something to spend it on..not this...lol and this marketing scam will probably cause smith micro to loose my business completely...i hardly use any of their products that i currently have. i'm big into zbrush now....as i stated i got interested because wacom gave me a copy of debut with a tablet purchase which i've only opened the program once but i was anticipating upgrading it to moho so i was watching some vids today and wow...i thought 3d was tedious..seriously i don't know why anyone would take all the time to do this....when in 3d you can make a model texture it and use it over and over without all that hassle...i'm glad i was able to watch the hour long tut and realize this before i burned what is it 400.00 that's freakin hilarious....opentoonz is FREE for anyone who wants to go thru this....enough said from me...buy you guys...have fun with your new little program.....
tut

Post by tut »

As a medium time user (started with Anime Studio Pro 8) I have to say that the upgrade price of $199 stopped me dead in my tracks. I've kind of gotten used to paying 100 bucks every year to stay current. Now I am not a paid professional, and maybe with the name change this program is moving away from people like me, but frankly, I think it stinks. I have been lurking on the forum, getting so excited about some of the new changes, and now the air has gone out of my tires. I did notice a complete avoidance of anyone actually answering the question of upgrade price, so maybe I should have steeled myself, but oye. Now I have to forget this upgrade even happened. It is no longer priced for the simple hobbyist like myself. Very sad.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I too been purchasing all the upgrade early adopter sale and tell people how great it is. But This year I'll hold off for the sale or purchase more plug in for Lightwave. AS 11 pro is everything I want anyway. I really didn't have much to say about how to improve it. AS 11 pro was about Frame by frame, and this version is more about Adobe After effect warp mesh pinning. I can see that they try to encompass the other software to make this one a bit more over all kind of 2D program. The heart of what made AS pro great is pretty much the same as it was in version 10 before the Frame by frame and warp image mesh. I could be wrong.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

tut wrote:As a medium time user (started with Anime Studio Pro 8) I have to say that the upgrade price of $199 stopped me dead in my tracks. I've kind of gotten used to paying 100 bucks every year to stay current.
From Pro 10 to Pro 11 was $150. Don't know how long ago you could upgrade for $100, but definitely not for several years...so you must not have stayed current for at least that long. Upgrading to ASP 8 was $130.