white boxes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

baran

white boxes

Post by baran »

Hi every one

I have white boxes problem. I mean when I import images I can't see any things but a white square with the same size as the image. even when I import own anime studio scene just white box appears , but when I do Ctrl+r , render shows every detail correctly. I copy an anime studio file that has some vector layer from another PC to my lob top and then vector layer doesn't show any more and white boxes come again, then when I change camera view to front view I can see vector layer ( just vector layer not images ).
I used to work with anime studio 10 -windows 8 for 2 years and every things was fine, then I reinstall windows to refresh my lob top and upgrade to anime studio 11; now I can not see any things but white boxes even when I use anime studio 10 :cry:
It might be something in codec.. I don't know.. but when I use other software such as animate pro or after effects every things work properly.
I don't know what to do.
Please please please anyone knows how to fix this problem ?
Greenlaw

Re: white boxes

Post by Greenlaw »

Which image format are you importing? I've never seen that before but try a different format and see if it works better. For ASP, I typically use 32-bit PNG with and without transparency.

Another thing you can try is disable GPU acceleration. You can do this in the display option in the lower right but to disable it globally, you need to go into Preferences.

If that doesn't help, maybe it's a graphics driver issue?
baran

Post by baran »

Dear Greenlaw

Thank you for your answer, but It seems doesn't have to do with images format , I try png. jpeg ,.... but the same problem.
I disable GPU acceleration to see what happens and now all my view has turned to a black screen. :roll:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wow! Is the black screen just the ASP workspace, the whole application window, or the entire computer screen? In any case, that shouldn't happen because you switched off those options in ASP. All this is supposed to do is disable GPU acceleration for ASP, it doesn't shut down the graphic display.

If it's ASP, I would first try re-installing the program. This shouldn't affect your license activation. If the display is fine outside of ASP, try updating your graphics driver--the ones currently installed may not be fully compatible with the version of Windows you just installed.

Naturally, if it's the entire computer screen that's blank, this won't help. If it is the entire computer screen, the problem is probably not directly related to ASP.

When you re-installed Windows, do you mean you did a clean re-install of Windows 8? If so, maybe you need to install the latest graphics drivers for the computer since those probably don't come standard with a Windows 8 installer.

Or do you mean you upgraded to Windows 10? Was it an overwrite of 8 or clean install? I ask because, even though I haven't had any problems upgrading to Win 10 from 7/8 on most of our computers at home, it did cause a problem with one laptop where the entire screen is now completely blank. Because I can see the Windows startup screen, this suggests the problem is because Windows 10 is confused by the two different graphics chipsets (Intel/ATI) in the laptop and it is now outputting to a 'phantom' monitor. I should be able to correct this by connecting a screen to the vga or hdmi display port but that doesn't seem to work. At this stage, I need to somehow regress to Windows 8 or do a clean install of Windows 10 on this computer. (Luckily, I had deactivated all of my essential programs on this computer.) I don't have a solution for that yet and I have to put this aside till the weekend. Hopefully, this isn't the problem you're facing too.
baran

Post by baran »

yes I have a little different problem :D I hope you luck with your problem.. I thought about it but don't know how to help .. this weekend looks like be tough :roll:

about black screen I have it just in the ASP work space the other parts is OK. And it looks like that turning to black doesn't have any thing to do with the disabling GPU acceleration because when I do enable it the screen is still black.. I think my asp's sickness is going to be worse :cry:

My windows is still 8, I just upgrade asp.. but I had a clean installation of windows 8.

I reinstall anime studio, still have the problem but now all asp screen is black.

my graphic driver is updated.. I completely confused :roll:

I had a google search and I find out other user have had somehow the same problem :

'''''Kim says: August 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm
The image I want to import is the correct format, but when I go through the process of importing it, the canvas is blank. I’m using Anime Studio Debut 9, if that information is needed.'''

or:

'''''''August 4, 2015 at 10:04 pm
I am trying to import/insert an image into Anime Studio Pro 10 to trace image manually instead of using tool Image trace, I tried both methods (Individually & Composite) but unluckily I can’t see image but just a greyed box, please help me to find what I’m doing wrong.
Thanks
Mississauga ON Canada'''''''

In those sites I checked answers and there was nothing there.. now I think about reinstalling windows again..
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I hope somebody with a solid answer will post something here soon.

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.
baran

Post by baran »

thank you so much
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Quick followup: I finally got Windows 10 working on the old tablet PC, but reverted to 7 anyway. I found that Windows 10 doesn't support on-the-fly switching between the two built-in graphics chipsets (Intel/ATI)...instead, it seems to keep both graphics active simultaneously as displays 1 and 2, which is usually pointless on a mobile computer like this one. It also doesn't support the fingerprint reader, which I can probably live without, but that just made me wonder what else could be broken. Since the computer is about 6 years old, it's not likely that the hardware support is ever going to be updated for Windows 10.

Oh, well, I guess I should keep one Windows 7 machine around for testing purposes.
baran

Post by baran »

ye I think so.
you have had good results :wink: you finally found out what is the problem...
I have still my problem, couldn't reinstall windows for now, just decide to move my file and use a friend's PC and repair it later.
baran

Post by baran »

yehhhhhhhhh ............. I just solve my problem :D
Honestly I don't know what was wrong exactly.. but I install a Java update and a Microsoft silverlight software, and reinstall Asp. and every things is fine now.
I am so happy :) :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Glad to hear it! And now, back to animating. :)
Miguipigui

Post by Miguipigui »

baran wrote:Hi every one

I have white boxes problem. I mean when I import images I can't see any things but a white square with the same size as the image. even when I import own anime studio scene just white box appears , but when I do Ctrl+r , render shows every detail correctly. I copy an anime studio file that has some vector layer from another PC to my lob top and then vector layer doesn't show any more and white boxes come again, then when I change camera view to front view I can see vector layer ( just vector layer not images ).
I used to work with anime studio 10 -windows 8 for 2 years and every things was fine, then I reinstall windows to refresh my lob top and upgrade to anime studio 11; now I can not see any things but white boxes even when I use anime studio 10 :cry:
It might be something in codec.. I don't know.. but when I use other software such as animate pro or after effects every things work properly.
I don't know what to do.
Please please please anyone knows how to fix this problem ?
I had the exact same issue. I'm extremely new to MOHO and basically any drawing/animation, so I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or if it was a program error.
I would add an image and no matter the type (JPEG, PNG, etc.) it would ALWAYS load as a white box. What I did notice, was that if I saved the file, and re-opened it, It would show the image for 1 second, and then go white box. I started tweeking with the program and found the solution! I just whent to "Edit", "Preferences", and unchecked the "Enable GPU" box, click "ok" and thats it! The images would load. And if I'd recheck the box, they disappear.

I'm using a Del Inspiron 1525, which I got way back in 2007/08 which I revived after my "good laptop" got stolen. Its a very old laptop but I still managed to get Windows 10 to work on it. So i'm guessing since its low specs, and Win10 don't allow it to work properly with GPU enabled.

Hope this helps!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Miguipigui wrote: I had the exact same issue. I'm extremely new to MOHO and basically any drawing/animation, so I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or if it was a program error.
I would add an image and no matter the type (JPEG, PNG, etc.) it would ALWAYS load as a white box. What I did notice, was that if I saved the file, and re-opened it, It would show the image for 1 second, and then go white box. I started tweeking with the program and found the solution! I just whent to "Edit", "Preferences", and unchecked the "Enable GPU" box, click "ok" and thats it! The images would load. And if I'd recheck the box, they disappear.

I'm using a Del Inspiron 1525, which I got way back in 2007/08 which I revived after my "good laptop" got stolen. Its a very old laptop but I still managed to get Windows 10 to work on it. So i'm guessing since its low specs, and Win10 don't allow it to work properly with GPU enabled.

Hope this helps!
Yeah, without a dedicated graphics card, GPU doesn't help anything. It's now disabled by default on Moho 12.4.