drawing question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

J. Baker

drawing question

Post by J. Baker »

Hi, I have downloaded the demo for Moho about 5 times over a period of time. I have never purchased it because I just can't get use to the drawing tools. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something like there's something in the tools I don't know about. I have provided a link to a video on how I draw in Koolmoves. Is it possible to draw like this in Moho? Thanks!

http://www.flashpulse.com/koolmoves/drawing.wmv
Toxic Hawk

Post by Toxic Hawk »

Yep, you can add points like that. Works very nicely, too. You can edit them even when you have drawn them which is helpful...
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Toxic Hawk wrote:Yep, you can add points like that. Works very nicely, too. You can edit them even when you have drawn them which is helpful...
How do you do it in Moho? I don't see an option for it.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Hmmm, I just found out how to do it with "add point". I thought that was just for adding points and not drawing points.
Toxic Hawk

Post by Toxic Hawk »

You can. Just like that video. Click on "Add Point" click where you want to start the point at, then click as close to the latest point posssible, and drag it to where you want.

Or you could use the "Draw" tool.

Have you read the tutorials that come with Moho? Just open Moho and go Help > Help. It will open in your default browser.
TDolce

Post by TDolce »

Hey there Mr. Baker! Hey, I remember you from the KoolMoves forum. I thought you were a BIG KM supporter/promoter!!! Now you're checking out Moho?! What gives? :wink:

Seriously,..you are probably alot like me in that I love to see what else is out there and continue to keep tabs on all of the 2D animation apps out there! I've struggled with Moho in the past as I just can't get my arms around the drawing tools and they just don't do it for me,...but the support here is always top notch and I have never met a friendlier, smarter, helpful, funnier and devoted group!

If the drawing tools could just get a bit better and with a tad simpler GUI,...I'd probably dive right in!

I tried KM recently to check out the latest BIG update from Bob over there,..but I was VERY disappointed with the drawing tools there. Just not spontaneous enough to keep up with my quick handed drawing style. I do think that KM has also matured alot too and is supported by some diehard users as well!

Todd
Todd Dolce
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Hey TDolce, I've been watching Moho for some time now, along with others. Wether it be 2D or 3D. KM is my favorite but Moho has other options that fit well for the cartoonist. The only thing that keeps me from buying Moho is the drawing tools and the conjested interface. But yes, the forum here is great. I'll never leave KM but just like to keep my options open depending on the task. I'll keep playing with the demo though, cheers! ;)
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Moho's strong point seems to be cut-out animation, using bitmap graphics. So grab your scissors and start cutting.