Need help - Target Bones are not working

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Post Reply
Animark
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Need help - Target Bones are not working

Post by Animark » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:12 am

Hello,

last week I gave a lecture in rigging with ASP 11. One student made a character and ran into some problems with target bones. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it and also didn't got an idea about what could have broken the rig. Any hints are very welcome.

The problem:
On frame zero everthing seems to work fine. There are target bones for the legs and for the arms. You can test them with the "manipulate bones" tool.
On frame 1 and the following the target bones of the arms are not working. Not with the "manipulate bone" tool and also not with the "transform bone" tool.

What is going wrong?

Here is a link to the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jas36qabq1k9g ... g.zip?dl=0

Many thanks for any help.
User avatar
synthsin75
Posts: 7255
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Need help - Target Bones are not working

Post by synthsin75 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:22 pm

The bodyUp smart bone action has too many bones keyframed.
Animark
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Need help - Target Bones are not working

Post by Animark » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Synthsin75,

great! That's it.

I think I did the same mistake about 2 years ago, but couldn't remember last week. So you helped me a second time with the same problem. Many many thanks! :-)
User avatar
synthsin75
Posts: 7255
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Need help - Target Bones are not working

Post by synthsin75 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:07 pm

It took me awhile to remember where to look for the problem. Glad I could help...again.
Post Reply