CPU Usage

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JeroenKoffeman

CPU Usage

Post by JeroenKoffeman »

Dear members,

In animating scenes in anime studio pro 11, we can see a performance drop when using multiple rigs in a scene. However the CPU never uses more than approximately 15 %.

Are there ways to make better use of CPU power within the program, or are we simply reaching the limitations of the software?

We are using processor:
i7-6700K 4.00 GHz

Thanks in advance
GCharb

Re: CPU Usage

Post by GCharb »

I get around 80% usage on complex scenes, but I find that I get less usage on very simple scenes, as it seems to render too fats to get any higher then 15-20%

Have you tried to turn off hyper threading in your Bios, so you run things on the full four cores, instead of 8 threads?
Shicheau

Re: CPU Usage

Post by Shicheau »

JeroenKoffeman wrote:Dear members,

In animating scenes in anime studio pro 11, we can see a performance drop when using multiple rigs in a scene. However the CPU never uses more than approximately 15 %.

Are there ways to make better use of CPU power within the program, or are we simply reaching the limitations of the software?

We are using processor:
i7-6700K 4.00 GHz

Thanks in advance
The highest I get would be around 93% usage with really complex scenes on a 4Ghz i7 with no other programs running. Every other less complex scenes runs smoothly with no lags sometimes I open up a browser and shift back to it but doesn't really make a difference. Do you have background programs running by any chance?