Windows layout

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jenk

Windows layout

Post by Jenk »

I use A S pro with a Wacom tablet and I'm not keen on keyboard short cuts. I seem to be for ever clicking one side of tablet and back to other going between layers and tool Windows, I have tried undocking tools which helps a bit but what I really want to do is dock layers window under tools on the left hand side of screen, I'm left handed would work better for me. Cannot find any menu way to move Windows, anyway I can do this? Thank you
chucky

Re: Windows layout

Post by chucky »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27075#p153001
This trick can be used on any software package, I use it religiously with Anime Studio Pro ( I should do a video example with that, not just the storyboard app). Anyway yes , you attach it to your tablet or where convenient and basically forget about the keyboard ( unless you need to type) Well you can even set that up really , as you get a few pages of shortcuts. Actually if I get time this arvo I do a video pf it with ASP.
Check it out, it's called dirtyhand.me
Jenk

Post by Jenk »

Will check it out Thanks
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

When I'm drawing or animating, I hate roaming around all over the screen too. Since you use a Wacom tablet, see if you can set up on-screen controls on your model.

I use a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 tablet and here's how I set up my controls for Clip Studio Paint Pro:

This setup works great for me. What's shown above is my general 'Apps' controls which I can open in any program, and my Clip Studio Paint Pro controls which only appear when I use Manga Studio 5 or Clip Studio Pro. The feature is program aware so I have a different control that pops up for Photoshop and other programs. You can insert up to 8 commands per control strip and you can lay out the strip horizontally, vertically, with single or double rows, or use a radial layout. I like to position my controls closer to the drawing area so I rarely need to go up to the actual menus.

The Wacom Cintiq and Intuos Pro tablets I use at work also have this feature. I think older Wacom Intuos tablets may have this feature if you use the current drivers. (I'll have to check at home...I have an old Intuos 3 there.)

Hope this helps.