Best Anime Studio Pro tutorial?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Igozorus

Best Anime Studio Pro tutorial?

Post by Igozorus »

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me, what would be the best ASP tutorial and where could I watch it? I mean, I need this type of tutorial where everything is explained. Creating characters, bones, adding sounds, changing the frame, etc. Just from the start until the very end, when you exporting the animation.
I have some basic skills, I know the tools, but it's only basic, I want to find a good tutorial which will explain everything in details. There's lots of tutorial I've seen, but not everything is explained and each tutorial sometimes use different method of creating this and that.

Thank you.
jahnocli

Re: Best Anime Studio Pro tutorial?

Post by jahnocli »

Try Udemy. If you're not in any tearing hurry, sign up for courses and then wait awhile (there are some free design and animation courses you could try out in the meantime), and quite often Udemy publish various cut-rate offers...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Everyone learns in a different manner so "best" is somewhat subjective. Do you want free or are you willing to pay? Does it have to cover all the bell and whistles of the latest version? With those considerations in mind, I'd look at the following.

1) Steve and the Alien is a good project-based end-to-end tutorial. It was made several years ago, so it only covers v8. I find the art style a bit rough, but it's free (or $20 on content paradise if you want the project files) and Chad is author of the latest AS overview videos, so his credentials are well-established.
Steve and the Alien
(Disclamier: I won the Steve and Alien contest.)

2) Infinite Skills has put out the most professional tutorials imo and the latest one covers v.10. It's available on Content Paradise for $99. I've not see this particular one, but the teacher, Mark Bremmer, has earlier tutorials on youtube and I found them clear and easy to follow.
Infinite Skills

3) mtbuck24 has character design and rigging tutorials on Udemy as seen in this thread:
Most Popular (Paid Course) To learn Character Design in ASP!
I've not seen these either, but the syllabus is quite comprehensive and McCoy Buck has garnered some good ratings on Udemy.

4) As you know, youtube has tons of tutorials, but they are frequently poorly organized and incomplete, although there are a few outstanding ones. I'd recommend these two:
Jared Hundley's How to Anime Studio series
Jessicawork951's How to Create Advanced Characters in Anime Studio Pro

Although you prefer the video learning, I'd strongly recommend you read and try the tutorials included with Anime Studio.

Good luck!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

jahnocli wrote:Try Udemy.
This one looks like the same one on Content Paradise. If so, that's real bargain! :D
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

If you are willing to hold your breath, Udemy has sales all the time. Like 99 dollar course for 10 bucks.

Dale
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The way I learned is:

1. Go through all the free Smith-Micro/Incredible Tutorials videos. Have ASP open and follow along and experiment on your own. You should also work though the tutorial document and example files that come with ASP.
2. Once you have a handle on the features, you should write and storyboard a short film that utilizes everything you've learned. Keep it short and don't get too ambitious--you can try that on later projects. The important thing is to design a project what you're pretty sure you can accomplish quickly with what you've learned.
3. If you get stuck, come back here and ask questions. This forum is an amazing source for solving problem and learning new techniques.

Our short film 'Scareplane', for example, was developed as a training project for me and my partner. When I wrote and storyboarded the film, I tried to keep it fairly simple based on what we learned in the training videos. Or so I thought anyway--as it turned out, some of the scenes were a bit trickier to create than I expected. Fortunately, I met many helpful and experienced users here who helped me solve some critical issues.

That was nearly two years ago. These days, I use ASP almost routinely at my workplace but I still like to refer to the the demo scenes that come with the program for rigging and animation techniques. Reverse engineering the ASP 10 and 11 character scenes has been especially informative.

Hope this helps.
Igozorus

Post by Igozorus »

Thanks guys for help, I really appreciate it!
Well, I was speaking about free tutorials and lessons, but if there's some really cheap courses, I will go with those. Most important thing is so that everything would be in one place and explained in manner that can be easily understood!
I'm using ASP 9.5 and already started a course on Udemy - Anime Studio Pro 10 tutorial - A practical training course. It costs me only £10 :)
I looked at the Steve and the Alien, but it seems a bit more chaotic in there :D Tutorials are scattered and not in one place.

Thanks everyone :)
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I've put a lot of good tutorials into categories here: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/categories if that helps.
There's also this that may help you: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/udemy
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I Aldo made some tutorials over the years, really depends on what you want to learn, Tom Roth Aldo made a pretty good walk tutorial available on vimeo!

http://gcharb2d.blogspot.ca

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/walkcycleasp
Demel

Post by Demel »

Mark Bremmer has another course in simply educator(not sure about the spelling) on udemy it does anime atudio 11 and the tools or acutally very simular to moho 12 and its' a really great course that teaches all bout the software
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

Just thought I would share 2 tutorial videos I bought and they are really good! They are Troy Picou's Crab course and 3D Looks course. Check out his YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG9Yav ... Znrty_WZFA

And just to clarify, I receive no money for posting this, nor did I get the courses for free or discounted. I just simply think high quality tutorials about this amazing software should be shared.

Also, Poptoogi has really good stuff too:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSOhHP ... iufinxo4bw