What's he doing here?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JaMike

Re: What's he doing here?

Post by JaMike »

Greenlaw wrote:Personally, I don't think I could buy tutorials from somebody who is actively harassing other animators from also creating Moho tutorials. This is looking less like somebody defending a supposed copyright holding, and more like internet bullying. :(
Agreed. Artists should stick together and support each other. If AP had played nicely, we'd be able to promote his work. He'd probably make more money with our help than he did before all this happened.
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Has anyone considered the effect language and cultural differences have on perception?

At face value this is just a guy exercising rules to protect himself. He has no obligation to contact you in advance. Looking any deeper, whatever you see that he may be guilty of is just as likely to be you projecting your own pet rules and assumptions into the mix.

You might believe each person has some sort of duty to approach other people one-on-one before reporting activity to administrators. That same philosophy could get you into trouble and be outright dangerous in other parts of the world. These things do not exist in a vacuum and have a way of influencing all of your decisions.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

o0Ampy0o wrote:Has anyone considered the effect language and cultural differences have on perception?

At face value this is just a guy exercising rules to protect himself. He has no obligation to contact you in advance. Looking any deeper, whatever you see that he may be guilty of is just as likely to be you projecting your own pet rules and assumptions into the mix.

You might believe each person has some sort of duty to approach other people one-on-one before reporting activity to administrators. That same philosophy could get you into trouble and be outright dangerous in other parts of the world. These things do not exist in a vacuum and have a way of influencing all of your decisions.
Or he is being a Dick.

Dale
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

OK.

In about 2 hours I have come up with a different rig that does the same thing.

So do I post a video that shows it? Or not.

Dale
Last edited by dueyftw on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Just post files, like I am. He can't make such easy fraudulent copyright claims against your file host.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

synthsin75 wrote:Just post files, like I am. He can't make such easy fraudulent copyright claims against your file host.
No, that's caving to a bully. There are more than one way to do the same thing in Moho.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AupEKOvwn487gQbialBukI4eJ6mH

Dale
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

LOL! I guess he'd have to claim he invented the "dick" rig, huh?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm. While I appreciate the humor, I don't believe counter-bullying is necessarily a good solution. :(

We already know Victor's side of the story, but I wish AP would personally respond with his side of the story. As far as we know, the motivation for his action is just hearsay and speculation.

Till then, or until something new is publicly reported by the affected parties, I think I'm stepping away from this topic.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

To anyone who has had any YouTube video challenged on copyright grounds and who honestly believes that the challenge is not valid

There is a procedure you can follow which, IMO, you should do as soon as practical after you receive a copyright strike.

See: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807684

you might be able to access a specific form for the challenged video on your "Copyright Notices" page - if not you need a free form notification - see: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6005919

In addition to other procedural information you need to add a line that "[You] swear, under penalty of perjury, that [you] believe in good faith that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled".

and email the completed information to

copyright@youtube.com
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Removed post.
Last edited by dueyftw on Mon May 01, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Greenlaw wrote:Hmm. While I appreciate the humor, I don't believe counter-bullying is necessarily a good solution. :(

We already know Victor's side of the story, but I wish AP would personally respond with his side of the story. As far as we know, the motivation for his action is just hearsay and speculation.

Till then, or until something new is publicly reported by the affected parties, I think I'm stepping away from this topic.
I highly disagree. I have two major problems with his behavior.

One, his behavior is like he is claiming ownership of this rig. Claiming ownership of rigs and just a rig with out mesh or with Moho, art work is really dangerous. Let's say Blue Sky make a movie with an spider and then Dream Works make a different movie with a spider. Because the movement of the spiders are the same Blue Sky can sue Dream Works for using a copyrighted rig even if the mesh is very different.

Two, filing a take down with YouTube with out asking the person first. Victor did not use any of the guy's video. Supposedly he just wants to make some money showing how to setup such a rig. If he had asked Victor most likely the video would have been removed by Victor.

Last thing is that the rig is unnecessary over complicated.

Dale
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi,
Thank you very much for all your comments and advice. I'm sorry I couldn't reply before.
I submitted a counter notification and finally received an answer from Alexandre Ptichkin. He was nice and accepted to remove the copyright claim, because it didn't correspond to the issue he was having. We are in good terms now.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It's very good to hear you guys got that sorted out amicably Victor. Take care! :)
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Víctor Paredes wrote:Hi,
Thank you very much for all your comments and advice. I'm sorry I couldn't reply before.
I submitted a counter notification and finally received an answer from Alexandre Ptichkin. He was nice and accepted to remove the copyright claim, because it didn't correspond to the issue he was having. We are in good terms now.
fantastic news! I'm really glad that it's been resolved amicably!!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Víctor Paredes wrote:...because it didn't correspond to the issue he was having.
Then it was a frivolous copyright claim. Glad it's sorted.