New Webinars?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

New Webinars?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi everyone,
At Smith Micro we will be working on new webinars for next months. I want to cover the basics, specially to show new users the power of AS/Moho, but also more complex stuff for advanced users.
Do you have any topic you would want to be covered? Is there anything you think should be on a webinar, even if you already know it?

Thank you all.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
slowtiger

Re: New Webinars?

Post by slowtiger »

I wonder if anybody ever analysed the questions asked in the forum, to know which ones are really frequently asked - stuff like "how do I make a scene longer", "my movement starts at frame 0 instead of where I want", and the like. I'm thinking of a really basic video, for the absolute beginner, explaining the concepts of timeline, keyframes, modifier keys, project properties, and so on.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

slowtiger wrote:I wonder if anybody ever analysed the questions asked in the forum, to know which ones are really frequently asked - stuff like "how do I make a scene longer", "my movement starts at frame 0 instead of where I want", and the like. I'm thinking of a really basic video, for the absolute beginner, explaining the concepts of timeline, keyframes, modifier keys, project properties, and so on.
That's a very good idea. I'll take a look on that. Thanks!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

One topic I'd like to see covered is how the new version of AS11 has made it a lot easier for characters to grab objects. It was actually quite difficult before.
I'd really like to see a webinar spending a little time explaining this fully.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Telemacus wrote:One topic I'd like to see covered is how the new version of AS11 has made it a lot easier for characters to grab objects. It was actually quite difficult before.
I'd really like to see a webinar spending a little time explaining this fully.
Good idea, thanks!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Something else I'd love to see is also how the new versions have made walk cycles a lot easier and more realistic, how we can use AS11 to prevent the feared "skating effect" and so on.
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

I like slowtiger's ideas and to add the application there of - the whole process of making a character (nothing too crazy) and then rigging it with smartbones, switch layers, etc... Showing how to make the character turn, etc... Tips on modeling to make sure it can be animated most efficiently. Also, integration with AE, tips and tricks.

:)
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I know it's probably very unrealistic, but I'd like to see a project covered from start to finish. Not the scripting or storyboarding, but something from designing/creating the set, the characters, the rigging, the animations (specifically interactions between characters), dialog, special effects (if any) and finally export. And since it's an hour long webinar (most likely) the project should be small enough to fit within that time. Doesn't have to be a Disney quality project, but something short, quick, but enough complexity or elements to cover a lot of the different bases... cycles, smartbones, etc...
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

These are all great ideas, but I especially like wizaerd's suggestion of a project from start to finish. Due to time constraints, maybe various parts could be started and explained and then switched to an already-completed version of that particular part. Or perhaps it could be a 2-part webinar in order to allow a more thorough presentation.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

I would like to see more character turnarounds. It would be better if these were more advanced characters with clothing.
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Have we thoroughly covered character rigging/boning from beginner to advanced in ASP11? I'll be honest.. My boning/rigging skills have not improved much since the days of Moho. Having said that, they were incredibly powerful back then. Anyway, I know in years past there have been webinars on this, but the software has improved right? New features, better workflow?
Check out my animations:
Motionlab Animations
Motionlab on Vimeo
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

How about showing how Puffin Rock is made? I'm sure it will help a lot of professional studios to see how Anime Studio can make a proper TV series.
rboechat

Post by rboechat »

I would love more tutorials for designing and rigging a character (choosing when to use bone strength, how to construct a character for a series...).
Ahroo

Post by Ahroo »

I would like to request an in-depth discussion of masking - especially covering all of the various options with examples of how, when and why you would use them. Thank you.
Psynema

Post by Psynema »

Víctor Paredes wrote:Hi everyone,
At Smith Micro we will be working on new webinars for next months. I want to cover the basics, specially to show new users the power of AS/Moho, but also more complex stuff for advanced users.
Do you have any topic you would want to be covered? Is there anything you think should be on a webinar, even if you already know it?

Thank you all.
Poser integration BEYOND importing and showing a dialogue box - can you show it being used in an actual scenario and make a shot with it. Or importing OBJ files with textures in tact and tips on scaling so it's not the size of a galaxy and clogs up the system. FBX export uses with Unity and other FBX supported 3D software.