Apple Pencil (+iPad Pro)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Re: Apple Pencil (+iPad Pro)

Postby Greenlaw » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:49 am

chucky wrote:Clip Studio is free for ipad ( for now)

Is it? I thought it was subscription?

Funny, but that's why I stayed away from it. I admit I subscribe to a couple of Windows and web-based programs, but I'm drawing the line at iPad apps. :)
Greenlaw

Postby Hachpuh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 am

Hi,

Clip Studio Paint for iOS is not free. You get the first 6 months free but after you need to subscribe.

I found another nice 2d animation app for iPad: Animation Pro - it supports cut-out, stop motion...

http://www.hotjamdonut.com.au/AnimationPro/AnimationPro.html
Hachpuh

Postby chucky » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Hachpuh wrote:Hi,

Clip Studio Paint for iOS is not free. You get the first 6 months free but after you need to subscribe.

I found another nice 2d animation app for iPad: Animation Pro - it supports cut-out, stop motion...

http://www.hotjamdonut.com.au/AnimationPro/AnimationPro.html

Yup that's what I meant when I said ' for now ' . I agree subscriptions are odious.
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
chucky

Postby bestazy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Lack of proper Photoshop and weak specs puts me off IPad, but I tend to to large illustrations.
I use a mix of Bamboo, Cintiq currently, really like the look of the Surface Pro.
Going from the Cintiq with a screen to the Bamboo is a PITA, really messes with my drawing style, having to zoom in and out etc.
Love the Cintiq but mines a tad old and the colours are a bit wank compared to my main screen
bestazy

Postby Greenlaw » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:29 pm

I actually prefer painting in Procreate over using Photoshop. It's more efficient, has better painting tools, and has a great recorder feature. But for heavy duty 'photo-shopping', you'll want an actual PC or Mac running Photoshop.

For me, having both has been ideal. If I just want to paint and draw, especially when I'm out of the house, iPad Pro and Procreate is up and running in seconds and Pencil works incredibly well with it. If resolution is a concern, Procreate let's you paint up to 16,384 x 16,384 pixels on iPad Pro. The output is compatible with Windows and can be used in programs like Moho. (Some of the elements in the HLF titles, for example, were painted in Procreate on an older iPad.)

If you want a real Cintiq experience, look into Cintiq Companion 2 or the Wacom Mobile Studio. I have the former and it's great! I use it more than I use my workstation these days for 2D and 3D animation, as well as 3D modeling for 3D printing. It's exactly like working on a Cintiq except for a smaller screen (13-inches) and it's completely mobile. When you get home, you can even plug it into your desktop and use it as a display tablet for the desktop. I don't think you can do that with the Surface.
Greenlaw

Postby chucky » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:21 am

Photoshop is overrated as a drawing app.
It is one of those default options(like Maccas or KFC) that studios put in all their machines to cover a lot of purposes.
Clip Studio is a much better option for actual drawing and far cheaper.
Paintstorm is a good inexpensive option too , but go with CLIP for advanced drawing tools (.ector and raster)
oh they both have iOs versions
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
chucky

Postby Hachpuh » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:54 pm

Agree..no need for Photoshop, Affinity Photo is great on iPad, not only for photo editing but also for drawing and Clip Studio Paint works like a charm..i use Procreate too, but Clip Studio gives a smoother control with the pencils and the ink pens (g-pen) are awesome.
Hachpuh

Postby jezjones29 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Since my last post in this thread, I gave in and upgraded. Recently I've been using the 'Duet Display' app on my MacBook and iPad (12.9, in screen mirror mode). I can use the pencil to draw and move bones in Moho. It uses a USB cable so everything is super fast. The iPad screen is a bit small for Moho, and I need to keep one hand on the keyboard, but I like it when using brushes to draw and for frame by frame work. It's also handy as a second screen.
jezjones29

Previous

Return to General Moho Discussion