New Walk Cycle tutorial video

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Furpuss

New Walk Cycle tutorial video

Post by Furpuss »

As a 44 year veteran of the animation industry I discovered Anime Studio Pro 2 years ago and was extremely impressed by it's potential. Since then I have been exploring many of it's possibilities. My latest project is a 68 minute tutorial on how to animate Walk Cycles. I have put into it much of the knowledge I gained from some of the great masters of animation like Disney legend Art Babbitt.

This is an advanced tutorial and not recommended for beginners in Anime Studio.

You can see a preview of it here: https://youtu.be/pD0ZVrN7BdM

Or here: https://vimeo.com/135479122

Hope you like it!
Furpuss
neeters_guy

Re: New Walk Cycle tutorial video

Post by neeters_guy »

It’s great to find an ASP tutorial taught by someone with some bona fides in the animation field. I’ll definite check this out.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

This is definitely interesting!
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Oh wow! This looks really pro. Thanks for developing this and choosing ASP as your tool. I hope you are planning more than just a walk cycle for the future.
Furpuss

Post by Furpuss »

djwaterman wrote:Oh wow! This looks really pro. Thanks for developing this and choosing ASP as your tool. I hope you are planning more than just a walk cycle for the future.

If I get a good response to my tutorial there are many other topics about the basic principles of animation I could do videos on.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Furpuss wrote:
djwaterman wrote:Oh wow! This looks really pro. Thanks for developing this and choosing ASP as your tool. I hope you are planning more than just a walk cycle for the future.

If I get a good response to my tutorial there are many other topics about the basic principles of animation I could do videos on.
Yes please do, in ASP of course :)
I bought your walk cycle tutorial, and I love the details in your work that make it looks so great, well done!
And the detailed work in the motion graph opened my eyes.
I learned a lot, thank you for setting this up!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

This an excellent tutorial for those who want to go to the next level. I really like how Tom animates in passes, refining the walk each time, in a very systematic way.

As mentioned this is an advanced tutorial. You should already know how to rig a character with target bones and smart bones, as well knowing how to copy/paste keys in the timeline. Following on Ulrik's point, learning how to use the motion graph is one of the most valuable lessons (Windows tip: in the timeline, right-click-drag to change the center line and wheel mouse to change the scale).

I would definitely like to see more!
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Nice one. Every animator should know how to do a proper walk cycle.
Check out my animations:
Motionlab Animations
Motionlab on Vimeo