Trial version only with credit card?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lebostein

Trial version only with credit card?

Post by Lebostein »

That's horrible! Is there no possibility to download a normal test/demo version?
Greenlaw

Re: Trial version only with credit card?

Post by Greenlaw »

I love using the software but I've always felt the credit card requirement to download a free demo was a weird company policy, and I'm sure it turns people away who may have been sitting the fence about purchasing. Especially in these privacy conscious times, it makes people suspicious of the company.

Actually, based on what I've been told by some artists and studios where I've worked, I know it does. I'm really surprised SM still does this.

Personally I've had very good experiences with the company and I now use several Smith-Micro products in my work. The CC thing, however really does give a bad first impression to potential customers.

G.
braj

Post by braj »

I definitely agree. I bought the Debut version cheap on Amazon, that's how I "demo'd" the software and decided to buy the full Pro version. I never would have given over credit info simply to try the demo.
ThatUbuntuGuy

Post by ThatUbuntuGuy »

The same thing here! I downloaded Anime Studio Pro 9 trial off a third party website. I use Ubuntu, BTW. It asks me to ask my card number. I don't want to do it! Apparently it's for the auto payment for the full version. HOW DO US 2020s USE IT!?!?!??!
aongus

Post by aongus »

The new download page seems to have removed that requirement. Worked for me this morning, no credit card details needed!

https://moho.lostmarble.com/pages/try
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This is good news. Remember that not all animators live in areas where credit cards are common - and sometimes there's even more obstacles between them and a purchase. I remember some inquiries years ago from some west african countries. There was at least one animator already creating good stuff with it. Oh, and there's at least 2 studios in Cairo, Egypt using Moho. So it should be a no-brainer to allow for try-out and purchase without credit cards.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5