My Characters Missing in ASP11

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

voxac50

My Characters Missing in ASP11

Post by voxac50 »

I just upgraded from 10.5 to 11, and upon opening the character library, it contains only the stock Anime Studio characters. My characters are not there. I can find them on my hard drive in the same folder they have always been in, but they don't appear within the program. I quit and relaunched ASP11, and when asked to select a folder for special content, I selected the folder my characters are in. This folder now appears in the library window, but there is nothing in it.
I also tried contacting Smith Micro customer support, as I have done in the past, and I am unable to log in. My previous account with customer support had a specific user name and a password. Now the only entry fields are for an e-mail address and a password. It won't accept my old password. When I click on "Create New Account" it e-mails me a link to the same page, where I have to log in with an e-mail address and a password. I can't find a place to log in using my old user name and password, which worked before.
So, to sum it up:
How do I restore my old characters?
How can I contact customer support?

Thanks
Distinct Sun

Re: My Characters Missing in ASP11

Post by Distinct Sun »

Choosing the same content folder location that you were using for a previous version is possible and it will show the all the user content within it.
• You may need to close and reopen the library ( or on the far right side of a selected folder within the Library there is a recycle symbol. This will reload that folder)
• You may need to Restart Anime Studio ( Typically only the case for Brushes, scatter brushes and scripts)
• Make sure you did not select the actual content folder and thus create a new one inside of the existing one.
• If you have renamed the content folder for any reason it will not recognize and it will create a new one.

I hope this help out.
Regards,
Jason
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
voxac50

Post by voxac50 »

I just tried restarting Anime Studio. The folder my characters are in is in the library, but there is still nothing in it. It is the folder my characters have always been in an I have not changed the name or moved it. Closing and opening the library doesn't help. Reloading the file does not work.
Here's another interesting thing. When I opened a file created in the previous version of Anime Studio Pro, it converted it to the new file format. The file contains one of my characters. I was able to save that character to my characters folder in the character library. By repeating this action, I should be able to open and convert any previous files containing all of my characters, and load them one by one into the library.
I don't understand what you mean by "Make sure you did not select the actual content folder and thus create a new one inside of the existing one."
What is the actual content folder? How can I tell if the folder is the correct folder and not the actual folder? Also, if I have already selected the wrong folder, how do I redirect the library to the right folder? Is that in preferences?
Is it possible that older character files are not loading because they are in the old file format?
Thanks for any suggestions.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

voxac50 wrote:I don't understand what you mean by "Make sure you did not select the actual content folder and thus create a new one inside of the existing one."
Say your custom content folder is on your desktop. If you select the desktop, creating a new one will find the existing one, but selecting the existing one will create another content folder within the older one (and only find the library in this one instead of the old one on your desktop).
What is the actual content folder? How can I tell if the folder is the correct folder and not the actual folder? Also, if I have already selected the wrong folder, how do I redirect the library to the right folder? Is that in preferences?
Is it possible that older character files are not loading because they are in the old file format?
Thanks for any suggestions.
The help menu in AS allows you to reselect your content folder.
voxac50

Post by voxac50 »

My folders are now restored.
As suggested, what I did was: go to Help Menu / Set Custom Content Folder.
Then instead of selecting the actual folder the content was in, I selected 2 folders up, which in my case was the Anime Studio Pro 8 folder, which is the version I was using when the character folder was first created. It worked, and the characters now appear in the library. Thank you.