Who is using Moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Neoranma

Who is using Moho?

Post by Neoranma »

I am curriouse as to who is using Moho. It seems from reading this board a little, that most seem to be very low budjet animation places, or single users creating something for a hobby.

Myself, I fall into the hobbiest section. I have a day job as well, and part of that job is to purchase software for students to use, hence my line of questioning.

When making desisions on lets say word proccessing software, we look at what is used at the university level and in industries. We teach how to use a word proccessor, not "how to teach MS word."

When looking into software for our animation class, we look at the same thing. We used to use Adobe livemotion. Since it's demise, we purchased several copies of flash. With the different approaches in say moho, flash, toonboom, this doesn't look like the same rules apply. I have done some stuff in flash, but had to go though all the tutorials before I was able to comprehend Moho.

I am very impressed by Moho, I think I would like to show it to our animation teacher, but I would not want to purchase something that would not help them when they moved on to the university level.

I see alot of benifits to moho, as it looks like the time taken to create an animation can be greatly sped up. The bones are also very, very nice.

What I see though is that Moho is pretty unique in this area, and hence the problem. Are there any other k-12 institutions using Moho? Higher ed, industries? If not, will the skills learned in moho be able to be used when a student moves on, and has to learn a new program? Should I just be happy that they can crank out an animation in a semester?
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Well i'm only 14 and am animating as a hobby :)

I love creating animations and have so many ideas that i rarely finish one animation! lol

Dan :wink:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I'm only 65 and I spend my winter hours doing animation. Moho is a great tool and powerful because of its artistic workflow. It could be used in a commercial venture or for that matter in an educational environment.
Like anything else- you get out what you put in.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
victorialatham

Post by victorialatham »

i wish i had known about moho when i was a student...