next Moho version?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BA

next Moho version?

Post by BA »

LM's hints at a soon-to-be released Moho update have me giddy with anticipation.

One question, if it may be permitted -

are we talking Moho 5.3, or....

Moho 6?
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Good question, this topic is of interest for me also.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HI! Although I'd wish have some info too (I'd kill for it :)), I think LM could be too much busy now for make it possible, so I'd understand that he doesn't post anything here; respect to the Moho version, I think I'll bet on Moho 5.5 (only a thought) cause important things seems have beeen added/improved for an only 5.3 figure but maybe not enough for another total different Moho 6 version (I think) ...Well, What's your bet?? ...BYE!

PS: I'll go on eating my nails...
mason

Post by mason »

This update is amazing. I haven't been doing any animating lately, but I'm shaking with excitement to get started. The Linux support - WOW! Thank you, Lost Marble.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I'm soo excited, speciall about the new audio support with smother playback and scrubbing, thanks Lost Marble :D
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I know Linux is not for everyone, but if you've got a Linux machine around, give the Linux versions of Moho and Papagayo a try. On the same machine, compared to Windows, the Linux versions are noticeably faster and smoother. I'm pretty impressed with the way Linux has progressed over the years.
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Lost Marble wrote: the Linux versions are noticeably faster and smoother.
Could you put a percentage to that?
Dave
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Definitely... :arrow: HAPPY! :D :D :D THANK YOU! (for now... I'll write more then, now I can't, I must TRY! :D ) CIAO!
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

To Lost Marble:

Thank you for the update!!!!!

Especially thank you for the linux version of papagayo, and for the audio support in the linux version!! Also, I see a few of the bugfixes I had requested (shift-tab in dialog boxes, for one).

Christmas has come early for moho users!!!!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Banterfield wrote:Could you put a percentage to that?
Sorry, no, not off the top of my head.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Very, very cool. One thing I juist noticed, on the second time into the program, I just had to try it again to make sure, is it comes up WAY faster. Damn near instant, where it previously took about 3-5 seconds (centuries in computer time). Is that just the elimination of Quicktime (and thank you LM for that)? I wasn't aware of libsndfile, seems like a good call. I may have to try Moho out on Linux now.

And thanks for the new script bits, I'll do the mixer momentarily. And if I can throw in a small feature request for the next update, it would be very cool if there was a little migration path to bring in non-LM scripts from another version auto. I still have some (most?) of my scripts scattered about various versions on my computer (some are still basically living with the 5 betas) and collecting them together and dropping them where they belong can be a wee pain. If it has to be a full install for each update of Moho, a way to grab all that's non-standard (along with the _tool_list.txt if it's been modded) would be very handy. Or at least save me 10 minutes of wherethehellisthatthing.

Its all so better-faster-cheaper. You should be working at NASA, ya should.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

7feet wrote:it would be very cool if there was a little migration path to bring in non-LM scripts from another version auto
On Windows this is easy: when you run the uninstaller, it leaves behind any files that were added or modified after installation - such as user-installed script. Then, when you run the new installer, it should merge all the files into a new, working installation.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Oh, okay. I've never run the uninstaller (might have if I'd known that about it), I always keep the last version of any program I use an a regular basis - if I can - on a basic 'just in case'. Might be on another OS on my system, but as an example I still use Photoshop 3 on a regular basis. No boot time and does the nuts n bolts fast. So maybe a "import from last installation" on the install would still be cool.
godlike27

Post by godlike27 »

OK, new release, new day, new opportunities let's go exploring....
Rendering, freehand, sound, scripting, something for linux (about which I don't care) oh boy oh boy!, but will there be frame-by-frame thing some day? that example in tutorials with worm isn't what I mean, I mean traditional pencil test, will there be this someday? peace
Last edited by godlike27 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vanleth

Post by vanleth »

Brilliant release, thanks LM!

my small renders turn out much better now.