Anyone tried exporting AS animations w motionartist to HTML5

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

capricorn33

Anyone tried exporting AS animations w motionartist to HTML5

Post by capricorn33 »

Hey,

I'm right now at a spot where I would need to get some character animation done in HTML 5. Haven't done that before, so I started googling around, researching, looking at all kinds of software and stuff.... And then suddenly I found my way back to smithmicro and motionartist. (thanks google) :)

I haven't tried motionartist myself, but I just found out that it actually is able to export to HTML5 ... AND that you can import anme. files from AS ! :D
So does this mean that I can animate my character in AS, import the anme file into motionartist and then export to beautifully working HTML5 ?

Does anyone have experience of this type of workflow?
- Does it work well? Any problems or limitations?

Cap
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
jahnocli

Re: Anyone tried exporting AS animations w motionartist to H

Post by jahnocli »

capricorn33 wrote: ...does this mean that I can animate my character in AS, import the anme file into motionartist and then export to beautifully working HTML5 ?

Does anyone have experience of this type of workflow?
- Does it work well? Any problems or limitations?

Cap
I had a good look at MotionArtist when it came out, and if memory serves, there is at least one tutorial and/or webinar which shows exactly that. It would only be normal to suppose that there are some aspects of AS that don't work within this workflow, but hey -- that's the wonder of discovery-based learning!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ruscular3d

Re: Anyone tried exporting AS animations w motionartist to H

Post by ruscular3d »

you can import AS object into motion artist, but you can not import animation and rigging setup from the project file, there is limitation to using rigging setup of AS.
I have had a few people online that think motion artist and AS are almost the same program, because of the compatibility of importing from AS and being made by the same company. But if you want to create a movie file and not the HTML5 file, then yes you can import AS project into motion artist and render almost everything.

I have not heard anything about making HTML5 more compatible with AS10 project.