Can I buy the newest anime studio and

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

humanistheart

Can I buy the newest anime studio and

Post by humanistheart »

Can I buy the newest anime studio and install it on the computer I'm using now, and then later install it on a new computer without having to buy it again? I'm thinking I need to replace the one I'm on now in the foreseeable future.
synthsin75

Re: Can I buy the newest anime studio and

Post by synthsin75 »

Yes, you can deactivate the license on one computer before installing on another.
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

Good to know, thanks :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Additionally, if I remember correctly, you can have your license active on up to three computers at once. IMO, that's pretty liberal--many software licenses only allows two simultaneous activations, and some only allow one. For operation, it's still a single user on one computer at a time of course.

As mentioned above, you should deactivate the license from a computer you no longer intend to be using with ASP so you can reuse that activation on another computer later--otherwise, you'll eventually run out of activations.

G.
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

Greenlaw wrote:Additionally, if I remember correctly, you can have your license active on up to three computers at once....
I have multiple computers, and i can only have anime studio actived in 1 computer at the time.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Droxon wrote:
Greenlaw wrote:Additionally, if I remember correctly, you can have your license active on up to three computers at once....
I have multiple computers, and i can only have anime studio actived in 1 computer at the time.
Either you're not using v10 or you have your activations tied up elsewhere. Contact SM customer support if you need to remotely free up an activation.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, as Synthsin75 says, you must have gotten your extra activations tied up on SM's servers. You should contact support about releasing the activations.

I'm currently using two activation of my personal license, one for my home computer and a second for my laptop when I'm away from home, and I switch effortlessly between the two devices all them time. My wife has the same ASP license setup between her desktop and laptop.

G.