Problem with Lost Doodle Tool

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JCook

Problem with Lost Doodle Tool

Post by JCook »

Sometime ago I downloaded and installed the Lost Doodle Tool in ASPro 9.5. I never could get it to work, but just left it there and didn't try to use it. I've now upgraded to ASPro 10.1 and it still doesn't work, but I can't figure out how to uninstall it. I went into the app's package contents, to the Resources folder, to ScriptResources, and deleted the files for it, but it still is in the tool bar, and still doesn't work. How do I delete this tool completely?

thanks,
Jack
heyvern

Re: Problem with Lost Doodle Tool

Post by heyvern »

The place to look would be in your "scripts/tools" folder.

Have you set a custom content folder? Finding the files to uninstall would depend on where you installed it originally. If you set a custom content folder with v9.5 you may have installed it in that folder, if you installed it in the application "root" it would be in the "same" place but in the application package contents.

Check your app package contents and look for the scripts folder. I can't remember exactly how deep it is in the package and I know it's kind of complicated poking around in there. ;)

Most likely that lost doodle "tool" would be in the "/scripts/tool/" although I never used it myself. Once you find that scripts/tool folder look for the doodle tool lua and png files and remove them.
JCook

Post by JCook »

Thanks, Vern.

I had already deleted the files I found in the Resources folder, but I finally found them in the scripts/tools way at the bottom of the list. Deleted them and all is fine now. Thank you.

Jack
braj

Post by braj »

I just tried this tool again in 10.1, I believe it is installed correctly but I only get a bitmap icon when trying to use it, this is in Windows 8.1. Any suggestions?
JCook

Post by JCook »

I had this same problem with OS X in ASPro 9. Never could use the tool.

Jack