New member, new questions for you! ;-)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

perihelion74

New member, new questions for you! ;-)

Post by perihelion74 »

Hi guys!

Im new to this forum. I just got Anime Studio Pro 10 and Clip Studio Pro EX. Awesome programs!

There are a couple of questions though that I havent really gotten answered after going through tutorials, Googling etc.

1. In Anime Studio Pro 10. Is it possible to add physics to bitmap layers in a conveinient way? I saw a post in this forum where the sollution to this was to import the graphics and make a vector outlone that you then filled with a texture. The question was posted a couple of years ago. Is there a more conveinient way of doing it in version 10?
2. Is it possible to automatically split a text layer into separate layers for each letter? So if I have a sentence of 40 characters, I would like the program to split it into 40 layers for physics to work on each induvidual letter. Maybe someone has a script?
3. Finally a really stupid question. When I start Anime Studio Pro 10 I'm greeted with a tutorial project. Every time I start the program. I've turned of the splashscreen. But I havent found a way to have a blank projekt when opening the program. I always have to close the tutorial (its just one of the pre made characters) and then create a new one. No biggie, but a bit irritating.

Cheers!
/Mats
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: New member, new questions for you! ;-)

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, welcome to the forum
perihelion74 wrote:1. In Anime Studio Pro 10. Is it possible to add physics to bitmap layers in a conveinient way? I saw a post in this forum where the sollution to this was to import the graphics and make a vector outlone that you then filled with a texture. The question was posted a couple of years ago. Is there a more conveinient way of doing it in version 10?
I think there is no other way to do it. Anyway, in version 10 you have the option "trough transparency" for image textures with alpha. So, you are able to have alpha inside the vector shape. In previous versions you were forced to have a fill color and the alpha image texture over it.
perihelion74 wrote:2. Is it possible to automatically split a text layer into separate layers for each letter? So if I have a sentence of 40 characters, I would like the program to split it into 40 layers for physics to work on each induvidual letter. Maybe someone has a script?
Yes, if you are on a blank vector layer and insert text, you can uncheck the options "Create one shape" and "Create text layer". That way you will get a different shape for each letter. Now you can go to Script>Layer Effects>RT: Break apart shapes. That will put each shape on its own vector layer and all them inside a group, ready to play with physics.
perihelion74 wrote:3. Finally a really stupid question. When I start Anime Studio Pro 10 I'm greeted with a tutorial project. Every time I start the program. I've turned of the splashscreen. But I havent found a way to have a blank projekt when opening the program. I always have to close the tutorial (its just one of the pre made characters) and then create a new one. No biggie, but a bit irritating.
Go to the preferences, there is a combo called "Startup file". You have several options to chose, included new empty file.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
perihelion74

Post by perihelion74 »

Thanks alot for the reply!

Splitting the textlayer seems to crash Anime Studio for me though. It creates a couple of layers and then crashes. Will try with different fonts etc.

Again thank you very much!
/M
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You are welcome :)
[quote="perihelion74"]Splitting the textlayer seems to crash Anime Studio for me though. It creates a couple of layers and then crashes. Will try with different fonts etc./quote]
Maybe it's too many text (and points) for the script. Try separating the text in 2 or 3 different layers first.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel