Issue about exporting shapes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

onurdemirsoy

Issue about exporting shapes

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I really have a problem. Let me explain it.

For example I have 2 shapes. Image
Tehy borh have 2 pieces. It looks normal when I preview it with a normal zoom.

But when I zoom out look what happens.

They dont look same. I tried the reasons one by one and see that it happens because of level of the shapes. I mean when i select the tiny part and press down arrow for both shapes they look same. But it still has a problem. They never look correct. The tiny part always look bigger or smaller when I zoom out but never look correct.

I drew another object. this time shapes are not seperated. I select the whole area for creating the orange part.

This solve the issue. The third shape look good when I zoom out.

Now my question is, isnt it meaningless to render shapes like this? They should look same for both 3 ways. Why first 2 way return wrong results?
slowtiger

Re: Issue about exporting shapes

Post by slowtiger »

Scale compensation, scaling a layer vs. scaling shapes in a layer. It makes a lot of sense in certain situations to scale a shape without changing its outline width (which seems to happen at your example nr. 1).
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Hey,

No. Scale compensation isnt. I dont use strokes, all shapes are made with fills. (BTW I tried scale compensation on and off but nothing changed.) Thats why it isnt a result of changing the shape without changing outline width. There is no outline width. All shapes are fills :)

I only scale the layer not the shape. Thats why I said it is meaningless. It looks like a real issue about the software.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

You can view the example anm file btw.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwbu6l ... sp=sharing
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the object on the left has the white circle shape below the crescent shape in stacking order.

select the white circle shape, then raise shape to front.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Yes I know but the crescent shape looks wrong in both way. Only third way solve the issue. ( if you downlpad the file you ll see the 3rd shape.)

But why the software renders it wrong? I think all 3 shapes look always same.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I mean all 3 shapes should look same.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

This is caused by how AS composites shapes when rendering. The lower shape is composited and anti-aliased against any previously composited levels/background, then the next highest one is composited against that result. When you use a larger lower shape, as in your third example, its edges are anti-aliased a bit beyond the higher shape, giving the higher shape perhaps a more uniform background to composite itself against.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

just like synthsin75 says: if you want the left and right designs to look the same then the order of shapes in each has to be the same. in your file they are not. in the left design the crescent is higher than the circle; in the right design the opposite is true. If you look closely at the "large" render, you'll see that the brown shape in the left design extends further above and below the white circle than in the design on the right.

All you have to do is sort out the shape stacking order. The easy way to do this is to raise the circle in the left hand design to the top of the stack (there other ways): in the fill tools activate the "select shape" tool; the click on the circle in the design on the left; then, in the draw menu click on "raise to front". Now zoom all the way out, render and your images!