Trouble using swatches for strokes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Pesto

Trouble using swatches for strokes

Post by Pesto »

Hi,
I am creating a (3 point) line with the add pen tool. I then click the "create a shape" icon so I can recolor the line. The problem is I can't use the swatches to color. I double click the stroke color and then have to use the color picker, not the swatches. I want to use the swatches for consistent color choices in this project. What am I doing wrong to not be able to pick from the swatches? BTW, I do have only the stroke selected in the menu bar at the top.

Thanks,
Chris
ASPro 10 Mac
heyvern

Re: Trouble using swatches for strokes

Post by heyvern »

Hold down "ALT" (win) or "OPTION" (mac) to choose the stroke color from the swatches.
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

Thank you very much!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The create shape tool is NOT used to "recolor" shapes. Use the select shape tool. Create shape only adds more shapes, which can cause anti-aliasing problems if you get too many stacked.
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

Got it. Thanks. I'm still pretty new with this program and I bought the tutorial videos with the upgrade to v10. One thing is for sure, this is a very deep program. I'm looking forward to learning and learning, etc...
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

heyvern wrote:Hold down "ALT" (win) or "OPTION" (mac) to choose the stroke color from the swatches.
This is not working for me.Anime Studio Pro 11 Mac. I can not use swatches to change the stroke after selecting shape (Q).
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

on Win it's Ctrl-click or right-click a colour swatch to assign a stroke colour.
(Alt-click a colour swatch to assign a point colour)

edit - just noticed the date on the OP - given no-one complained I guess the UI changed sometime between then and AS11 ...