? on email on tutorials for AS 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ddrake

Re: ? on email on tutorials for AS 10

Post by ddrake »

sbtamu wrote:I see no problem what so ever with SmithMicro E-mailing people to sell their products/tutorials. Not everyone that uses AS goes to the forums or even know it exist or have any idea who Chad is so they are unaware of the existing material.

I would guess only a small portion of AS users visit this forum and are truly unaware that they are already online for free. All SM did was package them and offer them for fee.

I knew, within a billionth of a second, when I got the e-mail that they were ones already available online.
I agree. The only thing I'd suggest is that the email should have a little bit more info on the content and creators of the purchasable tutorials. I think it's fully within their right and best interest to reach out to users who may not know about or have access to the free tutorials. But I think a simple mention of Chad Troftgruben or "IncredibleTutorials" with the email would go a long way to throw up a flag to people who have already found this content through the forum or on their own. I doubt the intention is to "trick" people into paying for something they already have access to. If it is, shame on them, but still within their right as a business. I think it's a beautiful thing that this content and connection to other users is available for free at all.
-ddrake
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

Smith Micro redeems themselves! They went out of their way to make things right for me. Thanks to Amanda for making it all work out.

And they are adding more info to that video offer so people know what to expect.

I am back to being a happy customer, which Im prefer naturally. :)
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
richinri

Post by richinri »

Yay Kadoogan! I am glad. There are some that might like to have a "hard copy" of the tutorials for whatever reason. I love having the PDF manuals on my netbook for travel.