How long have you been using AS?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hammerjammer

Re: How long have you been using AS?

Post by hammerjammer »

Hello All

I started using Anime studio 7 debut back in late November of 2012. I remember this well because my wife had got me AS 7 Debut for my birthday, it was Just before the world supposed to end on 12-21-2012. :roll:

As a result of that fact came my first animated video which was "Alien attack". I figured that's how I the world was going to end. WELL, in theory anyway.
(Does anyone else hear crickets?) :lol:

Anyway, I quickly upgraded to AS9 pro and then 9.2, 9.5 and now AS10 Pro. Don't let the fact that I have the pro version fool you, I'm not even close. Its been a while since I have seen my Alien attack video. Bad news is I'm not to sure that after a year of experience, that I'm a whole lot better than I was back then. Well, maybe a little.
Oh well, Baby steps I guess. Its still really fun though.

Here it is, from back in late November of 2012, "Alien Attack". (not to good :oops: but it was my first.)
On a side note Cartoon network offered me a Million bucks for it. (they said they want to re-animate it though. what ever that means) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: LOL! So don't say anything bad about it. :lol: " / "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrCs1a ... jeYHBqqPow

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
DK

Post by DK »

I started with Moho 2. Don't ask me how long ago that was :) I was a member of the old Moho forum on Yahoo or google group if my memory is correct. My suggestion to be implemented by Mike was the Shear Layer tool :lol:

Cheers
D.K
Last edited by DK on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gdub

Post by gdub »

About four years for me, after trying some other 2D programs including Toon Boom trial version. I started with Anime Studio Debut 6, and now have versions 5, 6 Pro, 8, 9, and 9.5, and soon version 10.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

hammerjammer wrote:On a side note Cartoon network offered me a Million bucks for it. (they said they want to re-animate it though. what ever that means) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: LOL! So don't say anything bad about it. :lol: " / "
There seems to be a lot of that going around these days! :lol:

I liked this video. It was super simple yet made me laugh out loud. Simple things for simple minds I guess. :lol:
~Danimal
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

I think around 2005 or 2006 when it was still MOHO. Unfortunately in the years that followed, I got really good at After Effects and found myself out of convenience using that instead. Version 10 looks really good and I would love to learn all the new stuff that has been developed since I took a break from it.
Check out my animations:
Motionlab Animations
Motionlab on Vimeo
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

Danimal wrote:
hammerjammer wrote:On a side note Cartoon network offered me a Million bucks for it. (they said they want to re-animate it though. what ever that means) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: LOL! So don't say anything bad about it. :lol: " / "
There seems to be a lot of that going around these days! :lol:

I liked this video. It was super simple yet made me laugh out loud. Simple things for simple minds I guess. :lol:
I was a little worried about posting this part
So don't say anything bad about it
I wasn't sure if anyone was going to GET THE JOKE, unless they saw the other thread. (I didn't want to become the butt of everyone's jokes like the "last guy" that made a statement like that). I won't mention any names to protect the guilty. :lol:

Thanks.
As to my old video, I remember making that. It took me the better part of a night. I had all kinds of troubles and weird things with the points and what not. I'm still making simple stuff, just with better skills and tools now.(smartbones really changed how we all do things now, and the new bone features really expand on that. I cant wait to see what cool things people do with them. Good stuff)

HammerJammer

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I started in 2006 because that's my first post here.
I have come along way. My first animation was in Bryce. I stop doing 3D because unless you have no day job and can learn a whole lot of stuff, every animation will use others peoples assets. So anyone can do the same animation as you do. where in 2d no one copy your work with out a mountain of effort.

I consider myself as an advance user of Anime Studio.
Currently I'm working with the new target bones to make an auto walk rig. All you have to do is move one bone and the rig walks.

Dale
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

Currently I'm working with the new target bones to make an auto walk rig. All you have to do is move one bone and the rig walks
Now that sounds promising. Cant wait to see that in action. That sounds like that would save a lot of people some of the pain that comes with walk cycle setups. Unless setting up the target bones to do it are a pain too.

HammerJammer

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
ianmage1

Post by ianmage1 »

When I was in the 6th grade, I started using Anime Studio 5 debut. It wasn't until years later that I upgraded to Pro 8, 9, 9.5, and, now, 10. I'm now a senior in high school, so I've been using Anime Studio for 7 years; it has completely taken over my life, and I love it.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1
Majoring in computer science doesn't leave much time for animation...
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

hammerjammer wrote:
Currently I'm working with the new target bones to make an auto walk rig. All you have to do is move one bone and the rig walks
Now that sounds promising. Cant wait to see that in action. That sounds like that would save a lot of people some of the pain that comes with walk cycle setups. Unless setting up the target bones to do it are a pain too.

HammerJammer

This is the walk rig I'm working on. It's needs a ton of work but it's coming along.

Dale
DK

Post by DK »

Dale.
The video link comes up as private?

EDIT: Ahh...it's working now. Thanks ;)

Cheers
D.K
exile

Post by exile »

jahnocli wrote:Long-haul user, short-haul finisher (I'm ashamed to say).
That's my story, too. My first version was Debut 6. Mostly just experimented until 9.5 and then actually completed a music animation video of one of my songs (the spoof "Sally from the NSA" that's on my YouTube channel). There was a sequence for every verse and every chorus, which made it a herculean first-time project for somebody still struggling like crazy with the software. This forum was a great help. Hopefully next time I'll have a better notion of how to do things. Am still feeling my way around version 10 pro.

The joke is that my music partner does not approve of my animation activities. They take up time that he feels should be going into the songs. He might be right, but I don't want to quit after tasting blood with the first project. So I go on in secret, trusting he won't read this forum.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Hi all,

I am new to the world of animation. I started evaluating ASP 9.5 about 3 weeks ago, then Debut 10 was released - so I bought it (full of excitement) and then upgraded to Pro a few days after that (buying in US$ to avoiding the rather silly currency conversion rates).

I am quite technical by profession (IT & Web services), and I have always wanted to be more creative. Fortunately - I hit a mid-life crisis and decided I wanted to stop talking about being creative and do something about it.

The master plan was to author something illustrated or create a story for a short film. So I spent a few months researching the art and improving my skill-set. Whilst on that journey - I was looking for and evaluating storyboard software (in particular ToonBoom Storyboard), and one of their email flyers drew me to looking at their animation products.

I kinda liked TB Studio, but felt the TB product suites were somewhat disconnected, and confusing and there wasn't a natural path from TB Studio to TB Animate/Pro - and I could just end up wasting my time & money. I also disliked the fact that StoryBoard 1.5 hasn't been updated since 2009 (SP1) .

But on the good side - I saw that animation could / would fulfil all of my creativity cravings! So I kept on researching animation / animation software and came across AS. It’s been great picking up knowledge, getting the buzz from the AS community and seeing some of the work (good, bad and ugly) that been completed by those here and elsewhere. And I must say that I have been particularly inspired by scareplane, and the tales of its development, and also the artwork / demo video clips for AS 10. :D .

I think I am now obsessed with subject and the breadth & bounty of great animation work that is out there. It has pretty much taken over my existence at the moment, and ASP is firmly at the centre of my creative vision.

… Please can I have my Life back ... (NOT!)
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
relik

Post by relik »

I started when it was converted from Moho to AS, which I think was around 2005/2006, and that was called Anime Studio Pro 5 (maybe? I'm old and my memory's not so good. ;) ) -R