A couple of ? on issues with V10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

richinri

A couple of ? on issues with V10

Post by richinri »

1. Is anyone getting screen blackouts or whiteouts for brief periods of time when working the program? Win 7 64 bit Radeon HD 5700 video

2. I get a guaranteed crash every time I click on preview movie. Anyone else?

3. The program defaults with mp4 for video. Nothing happens when I try to use it. Suggestions?
synthsin75

Re: A couple of ? on issues with V10

Post by synthsin75 »

Don't know about the rest, but you might try disabling GPU acceleration in the preferences to clear up number 1.
emartin

Post by emartin »

richinri wrote:1. Is anyone getting screen blackouts or whiteouts for brief periods of time when working the program? Win 7 64 bit Radeon HD 5700 video
I'd try updating your video card driver. If that doesn't work (or there is no update), do as synthsin75 suggested and turn off GPU acceleration in the preferences. GPU acceleration is done using OpenGL and some card/driver combinations sometimes show odd behavior.
2. I get a guaranteed crash every time I click on preview movie. Anyone else?
Can you tell me how big is your main Anime Studio window in pixels? More specifically the art board pane where your animation lives? We've seen some problems on Windows where if the art board has some odd dimensions that the app can crash on writing the preview file. You may want to try shrinking the main window down to see if you get better results.

If you could get us the crash dumps, that could also help.
3. The program defaults with mp4 for video. Nothing happens when I try to use it. Suggestions?
When you say "nothing", what is the behavior specifically? Does the export progress window appear and than disappear just after selecting the export save location? What are the dimensions of the export you are trying to do (e.g. 720p, 1080p, etc) ?
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Had the screen issue(s), quite unnerving, disabling gpu seems to help. (crippled product?) Doesn't matter which machine I use... NVIDEA (32 bit, win7) on one machine, AMD Radeon (64 bit, win7) on the other. Drivers are current.

The tutorial manual on page 147 (new bone features) refers to a tutorial 3.6 (bones... 'Mr Bean') which does not seem to be included with my product. Has anyone else found this file? Installed from the upgrade disk.
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Here's the link with Mr. Bean and some other webinar files.

http://lostmarble.com/misc/AS10WebinarSampleFiles.zip

see the bone constraints .anme file, once loaded in the app, turn on Mr. Bean layers
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

hello rocky53204
The tutorial manual on page 147 (new bone features) refers to a tutorial 3.6 (bones... 'Mr Bean') which does not seem to be included with my product.
I ran into this problem too. Tutorial 3.6 Its not in my copy either. Must have been an oversight. But, if you download the file Fahim posted above this post, it is in there just unzip it and open the file labeled "05 1 Bone Constraints". Then in the layer panel choose the bone layer labeled "Mr bean".
Mr. Bean is basically what Tutorial 3.6 was showing.

Good luck

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
richinri

Post by richinri »

My lockup issue on the preview animation seems to have been solved by an update to my video driver as some suggested. Turning off GPU doesn't stop things vanishing occasionally for a few seconds.
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

I too am wondering why v10 is so buggy. Version 9.5 wasn't NEARLY this bad upon it's first release. I'm having trouble with every problem listed on this page, as well as a crash when simply clicking on the text button. V9.5 runs fine on my machine.

I'm not saying all this to complain, as (nearly) all upgrades have bugs in them until exterminated, but v10 just seems to have so many. So does anyone here have an approximate idea of how long it is before SMicro makes an update to their initial upgrade builds. Much thanks..

Shelton
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

Mine seems to crash every time I try and export a 3D object created in Anime Studio :(
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

I have the flashing black screen issue on my older Lenovo ThinkPad. seemed to work well on my Win 8 and 8.1 computers and more recently on my Surface Pro.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
lordu

Post by lordu »

Hi there,

I just signed up for the forums to look for a fix or perhaps more information. I guess im not the only person who is running into an issue of a black screen. As soon as I installed anime studio 10 debut, I double clicked the desktop icon. Then the application appeared on the screen.
Well, the main window is black after run. Although, it flickers between white and black, but it just stays on black.

I'll attach an image of how it looks like on my system.

My System Specs:
Dell Inspiron One 2305 23" all in one.
Graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 4200
AMD Athlon II X2 250
4 GB of DDR3 memory
Windows 8.1

I have no problem running Anime Studio Debut 9 on this system, so I figured I try 10, but its not even usable after install.
Ill try some of the solutions here posted, but its a hassle trying to find the graphic acceleration on this dell, not sure where it is.

- U

lordu

Post by lordu »

I got the answer to fixing the black screen on anime studio 10 from smith micros tech support, whom was
very helpful goes by the name of John. I figure to share this with anyone who also runs across this problem.

There is a hidden settings file in your user preferences.
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Debut\10\Anime Studio Debut10.user.settings

Open that text file, change the flag

"DisableAllOpenGL" "FALSE"

to

"DisableAllOpenGL" "TRUE"

Save then Exit. Restart Anime Studio.

Hope that helps.

- U
eok

Post by eok »

lordu wrote:I got the answer to fixing the black screen on anime studio 10 from smith micros tech support, whom was
very helpful goes by the name of John. I figure to share this with anyone who also runs across this problem.

There is a hidden settings file in your user preferences.
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Debut\10\Anime Studio Debut10.user.settings

Open that text file, change the flag

"DisableAllOpenGL" "FALSE"

to

"DisableAllOpenGL" "TRUE"

Save then Exit. Restart Anime Studio.

Hope that helps.

- U
Weird. This "fix" effectively tells ASP10 not to rely on OpenGL for graphics operations/display at all.

I suppose this workaround probably makes sense if one has a GFX card with poor/outdated/zero support for OpenGL. Now, if one has a relatively current GFX card that's specifically optimized for high performance via robust (and current) OpenGL support - and this workaround is needed to get ASP10 to work - then it seems to me that the workaround would truly suck.

The real bug here may be in ASP10's installer. The installer may not be correctly recognizing all GFX card/driver configs & capabilities for some user setups - thus the DisableAllOpenGL registry item sometimes doesn't get set correctly. Not an uncommon installer bug. By saying all this, I'm assuming that ASP10 actually does work well with current GFX cards that support reasonably current OpenGL standards - without this "fix".
---
eok
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

That's what i was thinking as well. One ought not have to give up their OGL. It's just a newly released upgrade which is buggier than the norm (i've WAY more than just the black screen giving me trouble), coded up quick - admist this recessional 'end time' scenario we're in - so Smith can bring in some capital "help" before all hell breaks loose :mrgreen:
Animark

Post by Animark »

Manipulating the hidden setting file is not a fix. It is the same when you check the [Disable GPU] setting in the preferences. I am not sure if the setting is in debut, but it is in pro. The effect is, that on one side some ugly graphic acceleration effects (like flickering UI or crashs) are gone, but on the other side the "preview animation" is working no more.
The problem with the flickering UI is older. I know it from 9 and 9.5 also, so it seems that the developer are not able to fix it in anyway.