Anime Studio 10 Webinar Follow-Up Questions

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Anime Studio 10 Webinar Follow-Up Questions

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry we couldn't answer all of your questions during the webinar yesterday, but I said I would follow up with left over questions on the forum, so here we go...

One specific question was whether you can use smart bones together with switch layers. I answered yes during the webinar, but I didn't think I had the time left to set up an example. I've posted an example on YouTube instead:

If you've got any more questions about Anime Studio 10 that we didn't get to in the webinar, go ahead and post them in this thread and I'll do my best to answer them.

Oh yeah, some people were also interested in playing with some of the sample files I was using. I've made them available for download here:

http://lostmarble.com/misc/AS10WebinarSampleFiles.zip
Fahim

Re: Anime Studio 10 Webinar Follow-Up Questions

Post by Fahim »

Hi All,

If you have any other questions related to AS 10 feel free to ask here as well.

Regards,

Fahim
richinri

Post by richinri »

Great job on the upgrade! My only question is this: I, for one, can't draw cartoons if my life depended on it. I am curious why there wasn't more characters in the character wizard? I totally removed 9.5 before I noticed only 3 characters are in the wizard now.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

richinri wrote:Great job on the upgrade! My only question is this: I, for one, can't draw cartoons if my life depended on it. I am curious why there wasn't more characters in the character wizard? I totally removed 9.5 before I noticed only 3 characters are in the wizard now.
If you can't draw them it should at least be really easy to trace them :D
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

richinri wrote:I totally removed 9.5 before I noticed only 3 characters are in the wizard now.
Actually, all the same parts are there in the character wizard - all the heads, mouths, eyes, etc. We just removed some of the presets. But you can take the ones that are still there and change out the various body parts or click the Randomize button to generate as many character wizard characters as before.

Also, we've included a bunch of new characters in the content library that you should check out. Lots of good stuff there if you don't want to draw your own.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Is that Mr Bean character that was in the Webinar part of the included content of v10? I've tried searching in the Content Library for bean and it didn;t find anything, and I also looked through all the included characters and didn't see anything... is it supposed to be in there?
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

It's not available in the AS 10 library, but you can download him here. This also includes other files from the webinar.

http://lostmarble.com/misc/AS10WebinarSampleFiles.zip
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Thank you.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Hey guys, I noticed that we got a free copy of Poser debut with AS 10 (AWESOME!). I haven't used it yet, but I looked at some videos and I noticed that Poser Pro has weight mapping now. My question is this, does a character imported from poser with weight mapping work in AS 10? Can we control light direction?

ALSO, if we animate a character in poser and we use cloth physics and all kinds of other stuff and then load the scene into Anime Studio ... will it be able to transfer the motions to AS10?
Last edited by dkwroot on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

dkwroot wrote:Hey guys, I noticed that we got a free copy of Poser debut with AS 10 (AWESOME!). I haven't used it yet, but I looked at some videos and I noticed that Poser Pro has weight mapping now. My question is this, does a character imported from poser with weight mapping work in AS 10? Can we control light direction?
I downloaded the new AS10, how did you get poser debut? Was it only with the boxed version maybe?

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

hammerjammer wrote:
dkwroot wrote:Hey guys, I noticed that we got a free copy of Poser debut with AS 10 (AWESOME!). I haven't used it yet, but I looked at some videos and I noticed that Poser Pro has weight mapping now. My question is this, does a character imported from poser with weight mapping work in AS 10? Can we control light direction?
I downloaded the new AS10, how did you get poser debut? Was it only with the boxed version maybe?

HammerJammer
No, I bought the digital version as well. When you buy the program from the smithmicro online store, you should have noticed that you get a free copy of poser debut with it. Check your email and look for an email from them with a serial number for a copy of poser.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Here is another question: Is the GPU accelerated rendering bias to CUDA or does it work with Radeon?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

dkwroot wrote:Here is another question: Is the GPU accelerated rendering bias to CUDA or does it work with Radeon?
It uses standard OpenGL functionality, so it's not specific to any brand of GPU.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

ALSO, if we animate a character in poser and we use cloth physics and all kinds of other stuff and then load the scene into Anime Studio ... will it be able to transfer the motions to AS10?
First off Poser Debut does not have some of the features you are asking about.
Anime Studio Pro 10 does support Poser figures that have been weight mapped. It does support Bullet physics, Cloth simulations, etc..
It does support strand based hair, but does not preview it. So some details of the Poser scene like this do render, but don't preview.
It does not support Poser cameras or lighting.

It does not transfer the motions, it actually hosts the Poser scene in Anime Studio. The Anime Studio Camera works from center of scene, so scenes with rooms and walls can present some navigation problems. Single animated characters work best in my experience. Just keep in mind that Anime Studio Pro is hosting the Poser scene , so if you have a scene that has 3-4 or more figures it can get cumbersome. Also duplicating the Poser layer multiple times in Anime Studio can slow things down too.

When you host the Poser scene, you will see that the style is a shaded style that is similar, but slightly different than the Poser in app preview. It is not of the detail and quality of the Firefly render. Under layer settings for the Poser layer you can edit the style under the 3D tab and adjust shading styles. Also the Styles line width and color will apply to the Poser layer if you want. There is actually quite a bit of varied style you can get, with some editing and tweaking of parameters in either Anime Studio or in Poser. Keep in mind too that the default fps in Poser is 30 and in Anime Studio it is 24.

Happy Animating.
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I noticed while rendering a Poser scene in an Anime Studio file that I was only seeing one processor being used? I usually get all 4. I suppose this might have to do with accessing the Poser file during rendering?