Issues with styles! HELP!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daners

Issues with styles! HELP!

Post by Daners »

So I have been having some issues with styles. I Create a style (in this pic I have created a shape, gave it a style *its going to be a cat*) and then created a new layer, used that style with a new shape and it worked fine. Then I create a new layer for the other arm and copy the arm into it, and it shows up with the style I created but the other one turns to black and white. If I click on the black and white arm, select the shape, it shows the style black and white. If I then select the created style and fill it with the bucket tool, it just puts that style over top of the black and white and you can see the black edges showing through. Can I copy a shape and keep the style on it? Or do I have to draw every shape from scratch using the style I created? Also, if I use the freehand tool to draw I can't seem to create a style and draw with it, as soon as the shape is done it goes black and white. Image
dkwroot

Re: Issues with styles! HELP!

Post by dkwroot »

Hm, it sounds to me like you have multiple fills on your object. You should use the object select tool and click on the the arms and then use the arrow down tool to see if the fill and stroke change. If the fill or stroke change, then just select the object again with the object select tool and then uncheck the fill and stroke for the object. After you clear away the extra fill/stroke, try copying again and see what happens.
Jademunky

Re: Issues with styles! HELP!

Post by Jademunky »

I have had exactly the same issue, but randomly occurring. Sometime I can get to the end of a character creation, add one more item and half my styles convert themselves to black and white. The only way I've found to fix it is to individually select each item and reset the style manually.

If it is something I'm doing wrong, happy to adjust my workflow but I make the characters the same way i did in AS8 and this never seemed to occur then.