Anime Studio 10 New Features Webinar

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fahim

Anime Studio 10 New Features Webinar

Post by Fahim »

Just in case you missed this, it's a double post from the Announcements area. Space is limited and we're almost at capacity so if you'd like to get in on this webinar, sign up as soon as possible.

Have you heard? Anime Studio 10 is coming March 4th!

Join us for a FREE webinar on March 5, 2014 @ 11:00AM PST and learn all about the new features. See why this version will give you more speed and power for creating your animations.

Anime Studio 10 New Features Overview

Join Fahim Niaz, Mike Clifton and Jason Cozy from the Anime Studio Team in this 1-hour webinar as they review the exciting new features in Anime Studio 10. They will show you how to streamline your work flow with the newly added bone constraint functionalities and how the new smart bone set up will let you produce smart bones faster and more efficiently. Learn how you can create more dynamic movement in your characters with the new Bounce, Elastic and Stagger Interpolations and how the new drawing tools will allow you to draw more freeform shapes. All of this plus more! The webinar will conclude with a brief questions and answers session.

To register for this free online event, click here: http://my.smithmicro.com/webinars/anime ... -overview/
Greenlaw

Re: Anime Studio 10 New Features Webinar

Post by Greenlaw »

Congratulations to all involved with the webinar! It was very well presented and informative. We just got our upgrades to 10 installed and we can't wait to get started with it. :)

G.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Greenlaw wrote:Congratulations to all involved with the webinar! It was very well presented and informative. We just got our upgrades to 10 installed and we can't wait to get started with it. :)

G.
I'm curious if it covers anything not already covered by the slew of v10 videos already published by the team of Incredible Tutorials?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

For the most part, the webinar covered much of the same information as the videos but sometimes with a little more technical 'under the hood' detail. Topics included new bone constraints and enhancements, drawing tools, workflow and UI improvements, rendering, licensing, etc. The demo scenes used in the presentation are very nice, and many of them come with 10 so there's plenty of good stuff to pick apart and study when you get the software. At the end there was a Q&A session.

I imagine SM will eventually upload the recording to YouTube like some of their past sessions.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, lookee. Here it is:

I was trying to watch the live session while working, so I missed parts of it. Tonight I can give it proper attention. :)

G.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Greenlaw wrote:Oh, lookee. Here it is:
Thanks for the link and the heads up that this is available. I too was at work and missed it entirely. I can't wait to sit and watch the whole thing all the way through.

I started with Moho just as it transitioned to Anime Studio 5, then upgraded to 7, then 9.5. It's really fun to see how it's mostly the same software, but so much better now. I could get all mushy about it, so I think I'll just leave it at I'm looking forward to seeing if this will be another upgrade I welcome.
~Danimal
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Technically, I 'started' with Moho too, but I never did much with it--my 'day job' required me to focus on 3D animation and visual FX, and I didn't have the personal bandwidth to also work in 2D animation back then. Later on, I even upgraded to Anime Studio 5 and 6 but was still too busy with 3D work.

When 9,0/9.5 came out, I FINALLY found time to use it. Have to say, working in ASP was long overdue--making our first ASP short film was so much fun, I wish I had been able to start sooner. :D

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Oh my, the blob and reduce points tools look quite outstanding!
~Danimal
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Here are the sample files that Mike Clifton used during the webinar, feel free to download and play around with these files

http://lostmarble.com/misc/AS10WebinarSampleFiles.zip
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks Fahim. Will check out the files at lunch today. :)