Anime Studio 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RichardU

Re: Anime Studio 10

Post by RichardU »

I wonder what is meant by Automatic Lip Synching. Is that the volume based system already in place?
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

wizaerd wrote:If you check out the link ulrik posted above, it lists the actual features.
Any chance of someone pasting in what's at the link? It's blocked for me at work for some reason (says "Potential Illegal Software" :? :?: )
~Danimal
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Danimal wrote:
wizaerd wrote:If you check out the link ulrik posted above, it lists the actual features.
Any chance of someone pasting in what's at the link? It's blocked for me at work for some reason (says "Potential Illegal Software" :? :?: )
Here you go:

NEW! Bone Constraints
Several major enhancements have been made to Anime Studio's bone features. The new bone constraints feature will include rigging options that will help set up characters that are more complex and powerful. The independent angle constraint allows a bone to maintain its global angle similar to a camera crane and is not affected by inverse kinematics or its bone parents. Ideal uses for bone constraints include robotic arms or feet on characters that maintains constraints when the rest of the leg is moving. The squash and stretch bone scaling enhancement allows bones to squash and stretch objects. The elbow bending feature helps improve otherwise abnormal bending and squashing issues. New target bones help bones point in the right direction rather than having the need to consistently set angles. Other improvements in bones include an updated inverse kinematic solver and

automatic bone scaling.
NEW! Enhanced Smart Bone Setup
Setting up a Smart Bone Dial is now easier. After drawing a bone, select it and go up to Bone > Make Smart Dial. A panel will appear to create the dial. Options include Maximum Angle, Minimum Angle, Duration and Name. Once you apply this, your bone name and label will be set, along with your lifetime frames for the action. All there’s left for you to do is start creating!
NEW! Bounce, Elastic and Stagger Interpolation
By applying the Bounce keyframe type to the timeline, any object interpolated will appear to bounce, all within two keyframes. Elastic provides a rubber band effect, making objects spring back and forth before reaching their end point. Settings can be adjusted for each of these interpolation types to change the amount of times the object bounces, the intensity and more. Stagger creates the effect that the animation is stuttering or staggering between two keyframes. No additional keyframes are created for this effect. This is great if you want to create the effect a character is having issue lifting a heavy object, as an example.
NEW! Updated Drawing Tools
New tools mean more ways to create and achieve awesome results. The Paint Bucket Tool has been enhanced. Now when you fill in an outline, the created shape will remain independent of the original outline and control points, allowing you to use that outline as a template for future shapes. Additionally, objects no longer have to be weld shut in order to fill them in. As long as an area is enclosed by lines, it can be filled with the enhanced Paint Bucket Tool. The new Blob Brush Tool allows you to easily create shapes by freehand drawing anything you desire. Upon release of the mouse button, Anime Studio will create an outlined shape for you to further enhance and tweak. The Eraser Tool, a much requested addition to the software, is like the Blob Brush Tool, except now whichever area you paint over will see a removal or shift in points. This is great for creating gaps or missing pieces in your objects with very little effort. Finally, the new Reduce Points Tool gives you control over how many points an object has. Instead of trying to manually delete points to make an object less complicated, you can use this tool to reduce excess points while retaining the shape of the object. You can even adjust the tolerance to get the exact results you need! NEW! Separate Render Process
NEW in Anime Studio Pro 10 – The Batch Exporter and Renderer are now performed as a separate process. Even if you quit from Anime Studio Pro, the render process continues until the job is completed.
NEW! Multiple Document Support
Anime Studio now allows you to open more than one document at a time, and switch from one to another in a tabbed interface.
NEW! Keyboard Shortcut Editor
Create and save your own keyboard shortcut configurations.
NEW! Multiple Shape Selection
Now with the Select Shape Tool, you can select multiple shapes at once. Simply hold down the shift key as you

click on the shapes you want to select them. Holding in Alt and clicking on an object will deselect it from your group of shapes. You can even transfer colors to multiple shapes at once using the Eyedropper Tool!
NEW! GPU Acceleration
GPU Acceleration takes advantage of your computer’s hardware, boosting performance and quality for several layer types while allowing you to see exactly what the tool is doing as you apply a stroke or shape to the Workspace. The performance boost will help reduce pixelation and artifacting when working with certain graphical elements, such as Vector and Image layers.
NEW! Edit Multiple Layers Simultaneously
Select multiple layers, including layers of different types, and apply changes to multiple layers at the same time. NEW! Content Library Update
The Content Library has been completely updated with new content. The new content has been created by professional animators and is an awesome guide for those wanting to learn firsthand how pros create their characters, bone rigs and scenes in Anime Studio. Feel free to learn from the pre-built content or use it in your animations!
NEW! Automatic Updates
Anime Studio now automatically checks for updates. Saving you time from having to check manually!
Other Key Features:
Bone Rigging
Bone-rigging is a fast and efficient alternative to tedious frame-by-frame animation. Add a skeleton to any image by pointing and clicking to create bones that overlay the parts of your image, to control arms or legs for example. Then bring your image to life by moving any individual bone point to create the pose or motion you want, while keeping your project organized with the sequencer and timeline. Bones allow you to add labels and assign colors to bones. The keyframes for colored bones show up in the timeline in special colored channels to match. Revolutionary Smart Bones
Smart Bones is an incredible feature that reduces or entirely removes distortion around your character's joints - specifically around knees and elbows. Group a set of points and use the Smart Bones control levers to create 3D looking motion that you can easily repeat with the turn of a dial. For example with Smart Bones you can control facial expressions and head-turning on a character with simple dial movements instead of having to touch each bone point. Smart Bones not only steps up the quality and realism of the bone actions, but makes it MUCH easier to repeat complex movements and control your rigged elements. Smart Bones allow the ability to control Switch layers, Layer order, Layer visibility, Follow path, Flip layer horizontally/vertically, Stroke exposure, Shape effect positioning, Shape effect parameters (like gradient colors), 3D thickness of vector shapes that have been converted to 3D and even more smart bones controls.
Audio Recording, Sound Effects and Automatic Lip

Synching
Add a soundtrack and lip-synching to your animations! Record your own sound clips inside Anime Studio and adjust the pitch from high to low to fit your animated characters or import existing audio files into your project. Anime Studio will automatically insert them into your timeline, where you can adjust the timing and length to fit your scene. Using the Sequencer, freely move multiple sounds along the timeline to adjust syncing. Anime Studio supports WAV, AIFF, MP3 and M4A formats. Built-in lip- syncing in Anime Studio is a huge timesaver. Simply load a sound file, and from the layer options of the layer you wish to synch, select the sound file from a pull-down menu. Anime Studio does the rest. Easily synchronize characters' lip and mouth movements to a sound file through a simple and intuitive process.
Layer Comps
Export multiple layers individually with one click. Layer comps are useful if you want to export only selected items in your scene so that you can composite them externally in third party software. For example, you can create a layer comp that relates to background elements, another that relates to characters, and another that relates to foreground elements or titles. Turn groups on and off until you get elements that logically belong together. Then create a new layer comp from that group. At render time, you can then choose to render specific layer comps as a movie file.
Flexible Import and HD Export Capabilities
Anime Studio can import several kinds of other media files into an animation project. Import QuickTime®, AVI or MPEG-4 video or even 3D scenes from Poser. Image Based Modeling allows you to create 3D objects from 2D vector layers. And the included Content Library contains hundreds of ready to use characters, props and more. Importing Content
Video/Motion Tracking
Add an object to an imported video that will follow the position and rotation of something, like a person's thumb. Just add tracking points that identify the item on the screen you want to follow.
Media foundation
The 64-bit Windows version of Anime Studio Pro 10 will now use Media Foundation. It is no longer necessary to install QuickTime to import popular audio and video formats like MP3, AAC, MP4, and QuickTime. When exporting animations on Windows 7 and higher, the application can create movies using the Windows Media Foundation media library. When exporting animations on Windows XP and higher, the application can create movies using the DirectShow media library.
Wacom Multi-Touch Support
Wacom Multi-Touch support allows you to use Wacom's new generation touch tablets with Anime Studio. Easily edit characters, scale, rotate, pan, zoom in and out of the canvas with simple finger gestures. Available on Bamboo, Intuos and Cintiq touch based tablets.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

ulrik wrote:The 64-bit Windows version of Anime Studio Pro 10 will now use Media Foundation. It is no longer necessary to install QuickTime to import popular audio and video formats like MP3, AAC, MP4, and QuickTime.
Thanks for posting - this one sounds fantastic. The rest sound good - I look forward to some kind of video showcase.
~Danimal
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Danimal wrote:
ulrik wrote:The 64-bit Windows version of Anime Studio Pro 10 will now use Media Foundation. It is no longer necessary to install QuickTime to import popular audio and video formats like MP3, AAC, MP4, and QuickTime.
Thanks for posting - this one sounds fantastic. The rest sound good - I look forward to some kind of video showcase.
Isn't this already a feature of 9.5? In fact, I'm curious about some of the things listed because they seem like 9.5 features...
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

wizaerd wrote:Isn't this already a feature of 9.5? In fact, I'm curious about some of the things listed because they seem like 9.5 features...
Not in 64-bit mode. No MP3, no QuickTime.

And yes, it seems to be a full features list rather than just the new stuff. Bone-rigging, for instance was a staple since it was Moho.
~Danimal
ijnuh

Post by ijnuh »

Hi all,

I'm a noob and bought Anime Pro Studio 9 and then upgraded to pro 9.5 less than 30 days ago, is there a possibility Smith Micro will offer a complementary pro 10 upgrade?
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

dreeko13 wrote:if it has recordable realtime puppetry for limbs,heads etc like Muvizu has for its 3..d characters then anime studio will stand head and shoulders above the others
9.5 does this - hit the play button and start moving bones around. See what happens! Worked for me anyway.
Last edited by Kadoogan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

Hello All

Ok I got a good question about AS10...

Does Anime Studio pro 10 come with some sort of USB cable so I can download into my brain the vast knowledge and artistic abilities of many of you guys :?:

OR is that kind of technology something the developers are saving for maybe, Anime Studio Pro 25 ?

He he he, LOL :lol: :lol: .... I'm just kidding, Maybe!

I'm just trying to lighten things up here. Everybody is so excited, including me.

Don't worry were only five days away from getting it. BUT, seriously does it come with that USB cable?

I just hope the upgrade isn't to much $$$
I'm not employed at the moment.
24 years of service GONE! :shock: Maybe, I'll make a cartoon about it.

Later
HammerJammer :wink:
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

hammerjammer wrote:Hello All

Ok I got a good question about AS10...

Does Anime Studio pro 10 come with some sort of USB cable so I can download into my brain the vast knowledge and artistic abilities of many of you guys :?:
I did attempt to script this with lua but results were... mixed. Instead of Anime Studio knowledge, I inadvertently accessed Gilligan's Island reruns. When I tested this with a group of volunteers they had not gained any usable knowledge of Anime Studio but were able to construct a working smart phone entirely from bamboo, some palm leaves, and a coconut.
;)
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

Heyvern

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a great response. Very Funny.

Thanks for trying to make the script anyway. Maybe there is still some hope for Anime Studio 25 to have a script and/or a USB cable then!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's Good stuff right there. It might even be the beginnings of a good story line for an animation.
Good luck to whom ever tries.

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Oooh, QUESTION!

Is the eraser tool automatically set to the eraser of a pen tablet?
Last edited by dkwroot on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctroft

Post by ctroft »

Jim Mills and I have been working extensively with the software over the past few weeks. While I haven't had time to create anything in it substantial, as all the time has been dedicated to recording the tutorials, I can definitely say the upgrade is worth it. Many of the additions, both subtle (tabs) and extensive (I LOVE the new bone constraint features) will make a lot of users happy. There's much more included (some of which has been talked about on this thread already) and if you're curious, I'd tune into the March 5th webinar. I'm sure they'll be going over a lot of the new features. Really exciting stuff!

We also recorded a set of tutorials that overview the software as well as explain the new features. Those will probably be released around the same time as the launch, so hopefully those videos will help people decide who are on the fence or curious to learn more.
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Yes, this new version is great. As Chad mentioned above me, we spent weeks making videos and I'm very happy with all the improvements. For those that want to see more details just go to the smith micro YouTube channel and check out the Anime Studio 10 playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... PAGz25oxmQ
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Yosemite Sam wrote:go to the smith micro YouTube channel and check out the Anime Studio 10 playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... PAGz25oxmQ
Ah, I didn't see anything about boobs so I didn't bother... :lol:
~Danimal