Anime Studio 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dreeko13

Re: Anime Studio 10

Post by dreeko13 »

ErikAtMapache wrote:On an amusing side-note, someone posted a work-around for real-time animation with AS: basically hold down the right arrow button while using the mouse to move object/points/whatever and the program will automatically record the keyframes.
Excellent tip! It actually works a treat!!

It allows for quick blocking in for general movement to be tweaked (if required!) later on.

A real time saver!

Cheers
D
ErikAtMapache

Post by ErikAtMapache »

Hat tip to jezjones29
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1198
He's the one with the clever idea
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

dreeko13 wrote:if it has recordable realtime puppetry for limbs,heads etc like Muvizu has for its 3..d characters then anime studio will stand head and shoulders above the others
Yeah, I'm not a fan of realtime puppetry. I remember Antics 3D had game like movement recording. I was so happy when they added motion paths instead.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

My Holiday Wish-list for 10 is that the Copy/Paste/Delete options are put back as buttons above the time line. This was the quickest and most efficient place to access them when copying multiple key frames, especially when using a tablet and pen, it was "tap" "tap" "tap" and moving on to the next bit of work, all without taking your eyes off the monitor, now it's highlight, look down at the keyboard to hit Ctrl C etc.. back at the screen, back at the keyboard, back again and again... anyway you get the point. It slows down productivity (especially for key board challenged users like myself :wink: ) I suppose I would just be whining if it was never above the timeline at all, but since it used to be there, I'm just hoping that it's been put back.

Just my 2 cents

LY
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

[quote][quote="Little Yamori"]My Holiday Wish-list for 10 is that the Copy/Paste/Delete options are put back as buttons above the time line. This was the quickest and most efficient place to access them when copying multiple key frames, especially when using a tablet and pen, it was "tap" "tap" "tap" and moving on to the next bit of work, all without taking your eyes off the monitor, now it's highlight, look down at the keyboard to hit Ctrl C etc.. back at the screen, back at the keyboard, back again and again... anyway you get the point. It slows down productivity (especially for key board challenged users like myself :wink: ) I suppose I would just be whining if it was never above the timeline at all, but since it used to be there, I'm just hoping that it's been put back.

Just my 2 cents

LY

I bitch about this for some time and gave up. They just assume that everyone keeps the keyboard on the desk next to them.

Dale
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Aaah, so glad I'm not alone in this. It just makes no sense to have removed it from an interface standpoint since there's plenty of room where it used to be. Now workflow goes from using one hand in a flash to have to using two.

Anyway, here's to hoping for this little present :D
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I found this information about Anime Studio Pro 10 at the Russian AS site:
http://2danimator.ru/showthread.php?t=7658
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Good find!

To me, being able to Edit Multiple Layers simultaneously and opening Multiple Documents is big. If thoughtfully implemented, the first will make editing complex animations much easier than it is in the current version. As for the second feature, while I like how the current version lets you load selected items from an existing scene, it really would be easier to simply cut and paste items between two open documents.

The Smart Bone Dials sounds pretty neat--I'm assuming this is a alternative 'widget' mode for a bone that gives you visual feedback?

Really excited about the new bone constraints. It may simplify some of the rigging issues we ran into during the production of 'Scareplane'.

I was hoping to read about improvements for 'frame by frame' drawing. A few shots in our film had to be set up as a hybrid system of bones and fbf, and as we all know the current tools don't lend themselves to drawing fbf very well. But I can easily imagine how the new Eraser and Reduce Points tools might be used to facilitate fbf animation when you need it. (Not sure about the Blob tool. The description sounds intriguing but I think I have to see it in action to understand what it really does.)

Anyway, 10 sounds like a worthy upgrade to me. Looking forward to it. :D

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

A non listed feature I liked a lot is the option to add threshold to a layer. It's specially cool to play with particles. Here is a test I made during the beta:
(This file is on the library of AS10)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

ulrik wrote:I found this information about Anime Studio Pro 10 at the Russian AS site:
http://2danimator.ru/showthread.php?t=7658
Thank you for this. I'm very, very, very, very happy to see support for multiple audio files finally being added.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

I'm on the fence about this update. I really want to see a video going over the new features and their limitations. The new version comes out soon, right? When can we expect to see some demo videos?
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

Yeah. I can't wait to see some actual info. If they are teasing us with nothing but a version number, it makes me think the release might be a ways off yet =/

I'm hoping for:
- Nice IK pinning
- Compound masks previewing in the viewport
- An easier way to incorporate frame-by-frame elements and touchups.
- More intuitive drawing tools

Definitely not expecting all of that in this upgrade, but those are the things that I have been wishing for most.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Fuzatron wrote:Yeah. I can't wait to see some actual info.
If you check out the link ulrik posted above, it lists the actual features.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

There is a new setting; colorizing. I've been using it for alpha planes. Saves making masks or doing a double render. Anyone who uses a compositor will love this.

Dale
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Wow. Selgin's tests.