Mac 10.9.1 Mavericks Output

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Chung123

Mac 10.9.1 Mavericks Output

Post by Chung123 »

Hi, first post here.

Since Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks was released and the new way it handles Quicktime movies files,(removing support from certain codecs) what is the best export format to use moving forward from Anime Studio 9.5? Will there be an update?

I know the Pixlet and Animation codecs are still supported as I can edit and play the files in Final Cut Pro, I just have to set the default player on the system to be Quicktime 7 player so it doesn't try to open the file in Quicktime Player X when the export is done.

Quicktime Player X wants to "convert" the files each time for playback and then prompt me to save the converted version?

Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks.

Ideally: A ProRes output option?

Edit: A preference setting to NOT OPEN Quicktime Player after the export is complete would solve this issue.

Such as:

Do Nothing: The movie is not opened after the export is completed.
Open with QuickTime Player: The movie opens in QuickTime Player.
Lukas

Re: Mac 10.9.1 Mavericks Output

Post by Lukas »

Not a solution, but a workaround that works:

When you render trough the Batch renderer (cmd+B / ctrl+B), instead of using just Export, it doesn't open the files after completion.
Chung123

Re: Mac 10.9.1 Mavericks Output

Post by Chung123 »

Brilliant!! Thank you.

I was concerned that I couldn't name the exported files first, but since there is a setting to not overwrite the files in the destination folder, this is a non issue.

Great tip!