Art Work for Anime Studio in Manga Studio - any advantages?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: Art Work for Anime Studio in Manga Studio - any advantag

Post by chucky »

Great stuff, there PaperWaspNest.
This is pretty much exactly how I use MangaStudio too with ASP.
I also use it to design backgrounds or paint bitmap art for characters.
Have a look in the Library for the scene called Crustacea and the characters in CK Animal pack.
These were all painted in Manga Studio and exported to ASP.
You can export as a psd or as individual png layers.

exile

Post by exile »

Amazing stuff by both of you. I got curious and checked out both of your websites - wow!
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

PaperWaspNest wrote:I've found that Manga Studio is really nice for making little brush stroke blobs that you then export as a sequence of images, and set up in Anime Studio as a custom multi-brush. It is a great way to add texture to your character rigs....The result can look like this: (many lines of different brushes are on this character's arms, body,head, etc.. as well as the purple-colored strokes.
Thanks for sharing your technique! I was wondering how you did that when I saw this animation in your other thread. :)

G.
chucky

Post by chucky »

The only problem with multibrushes and the current system is that you have to individually export each png which is laborious( be better if Manga allowed export of visible layers individually as a one hit operation) .
I would love it if we could use psd layers (exported from any program including manga as a single file) as a multibrush.
I would also love it if we could have groups within those files that are only used for tips or tails of brushes.
Mr.Pete

Post by Mr.Pete »

I own both Manga Ex 4 and the latest Clip Studio Paint, and while I too was pretty miffed about SmithMicro upgrade paths have to say even with the upgrade CSP costs are still a fraction of any Adobe subscription plan ~ and if you are really on a budget in this case if you shop around you will find even lower prices than buying direct
For my 2¢ CSP drawing in both raster and vector tools are unmatched in any graphic software I've yet seen - going back to the dawn of Mac graphics apps

Unfortunately, as a relatively new user/owner I can't really sound in on MOHO drawing tools ~ at this point ~ after working in CSP they do seem counter intuitive - and not really optimized for serious CINTIQ style tablet drawing the way CSP is

While CSP ever improving Vector capability is nothing short of superb now within the application, I must agree that its' been a major drag so far trying to find away to export that vector art into MOHO even with TGA and other export options. Clearly SMITH MICRO would do well to encourage a strong workflow between these two apps and import/export of vectors would be the best place to start!

Lastly about Clip Studio Action ~ CELSYS Japan Tech Support confirmed to me in a reply they have no intention of releasing it outside of Japan