Ok new problem with translate bone tool

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Ok new problem with translate bone tool

Post by synthsin75 »

Solved!

First clue: On frame zero with the bone layer selected, select the transform layer tool and enable "Show path" in the tool's options. Scrubbing the timeline, you will see that there is part of the path that exists before frame zero.

Now switch to the Sequencer tab of the timeline and drag the bone layer to about frame 72 (the green arrow on the frame number line). Switch back to the Channels tab, and now you will see keyframes earlier than the layer's frame zero (one frame before green arrow).

Many of these are "orphaned" keyframes, which means they are are not easily deleted. You may have to select them, copy them to the layer's frame zero (right before the green arrow), and then delete them. It is these negative timeline keyframes that are causing your vectors to disappear when creating actions, and they probably have something to do with the odd bone translation, although I have not been able to duplicate that with the file you sent me. The negative timeline keys do cause some odd interpolations of some body parts, between those keys and the layer's frame zero.

If you have any more trouble with that file, or need help fixing it, let me know.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This makes sense. There have been changes to how negative keys are handled since v7.
kphgraphics

Post by kphgraphics »

I forgot i had noticed those when i had show path on, it was driving me crazy so i turned show path off. I could not delete them no matter what i tried so i figured it was something new in 9.5 that i had not figured out yet.

Thanks for help and info.

Kevin
kphgraphics

Post by kphgraphics »

synthsin75 wrote:You might try zooming out the timeline, sliding your top level layer as far over as you can in the Sequencer, and using the menu command Animation>Clear Animation>From Layer Before Current Frame.
This also cleared the point in this issue also.

Thanks for all the help :D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I'm glad it worked out for you.