Custom-made Characters for Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Telemacus

Re: Custom-made Characters for Anime Studio

Post by Telemacus »

Yes, but I'm saying that the answers that he got, like yours, were very aggressive and in my opinion, totally unjustified.
If you read his first post again, it was just a simple ad offering his services, and I don't think he deserved the replies that he got. :wink:

Cheers.
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

"Who's up? Who's next? Who wants some?" scream carnival barker, not utter professionalism.
I was just being playful with such utterances, but I guess the attitude behind it was misinterpreted. I'm a little devil, eh? :lol:

Telemacus thanks for your kind words.
Still doing it.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Telemacus wrote:Yes, but I'm saying that the answers that he got, like yours, were very aggressive and in my opinion, totally unjustified.
It's nice that you think that.
jupitor6 wrote:I was just being playful with such utterances, but I guess the attitude behind it was misinterpreted.
No, they were interpreted correctly; but again, hence the suggestions offered.
~Danimal
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Nice work on your virgo characters. Very appealing and quite complete, anatomically speaking. :wink:
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

Thanks for the thumbs up, neeters_guy. You got some fine work on your blog too. :)
Still doing it.
woody173@live.co.uk

Post by woody173@live.co.uk »

HI I would like to see some of these custom characters you have created for people.

I see what some of the posts mean about being unable to find the proof before purchase of the work you have created. Although I have looked long and hard for such a service, I have eventually created my own. It may not be the best in the world but at least the satisfaction is all mine when I eventually finish it. But going back to the point such a service, I think would speed up productivity of finished cartoons. People like myself who can draw and have ideas to create a mini cartoon but have never really looked into animation could use such a service.

When I started my project I didnt realise I had to be more aware of peoples movements, cartoon exaggerated motion etc and this service by reputable artists would be invaluable. I also like to pull the characters apart to better understand how they were created. This in my opinion is a great learning tool.

SO perhaps a spot to promote artists who will be willing to create 'fully rigged' characters for sale, who can show off there talents and maybe show what Anime can really do in a professionals hands would benefit a lot of people. Content Paradise is a great site but still images of content doesnt really do an artist justice, animated thumbnails would be better, has I have fallen into the trap several times when purchasing something and it doesnt really live up to expectations.

SO GOOD IDEAS NEED TO BE PROMOTED NOT SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES. Some people could be helped in promoting such a service.

Best of luck to all who will try!
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

Thanks for your interest. I've been doing some custom modeling and the clients are happy with the work. I have not sought permission to show these works publicly, so perhaps privately (if the clients do not object to this). I've created models from photos of people and pencil drawings - front, back, angled and side views; with hands, eyes and mouth positions. It's all good.:D
Still doing it.
woody173@live.co.uk

Post by woody173@live.co.uk »

HI thanks for your reply. I was looking at this sort of thing with walk cycles. The problems Im having are that my attempts dont look natural enough. The over all project is only for personal use and not being sold to anyone. Im more of a hobbyist trying to create a series of educational cartoons for my grandson, so he can remember me when im gone LOL. IN essence I need some great cartoony character I can use over an over again in any position. I have bought a set of hands that I will find useful and A character from CP that i was initially happy with the look but when it came to animate it it didnt work.

I have been trying to draw up my own character, and in general am learning a lot but its not quiet there. I dont tend to give up very easy, hence turning to the professionals for help is a bit of a sore point for me. BUT hey, as needs must, as they say.

If you could send me some characters you have worked on so I can see them moving (with clients permission obviously) Just an mp4 or something> I would like to see how good they are. Perhaps we could talk cost and logistics.

I look forward to your help and guidance and thanks for getting back to me.

PS will obviously give all credit to character building to you when im done so anyone who does happen across it will be able to see your work in motion, and hopefully you will get more work from it.

Thanks again
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

There are some non-disclosure agreements with some jobs I've done.. I've decided to apply the same principle to the others, so it's a no-show.. Sorry about that.. But here's a walk-cycle of my own Dancing Queen character. I can definitely be of assistance. :D

Still doing it.
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

I think he can be excused for being a poor salesman if his work is professional. There is no shortage of talented people who are not good at sales pitches, after all.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

Jupitor6 did you do the Jake character? I bought that one awhile back. Whether it is yours or not, I like that character. I learned some things from it at the time I bought it.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

Kadoogan wrote:Jupitor6 did you do the Jake character? I bought that one awhile back. Whether it is yours or not, I like that character. I learned some things from it at the time I bought it.
Yes, I did the Jake character. Thank you.
Still doing it.