Bad sSitch Layer Scaling importing Anime Objects to Scenes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wollomat

Bad sSitch Layer Scaling importing Anime Objects to Scenes

Post by wollomat »

I have a problem importing my Anime Studio Pro Scenes.
I prepare my characters in seperate scenes with High Resolution, later I will import them into my HD scenes.
Anime Studio seems to automatically resize the imported objects to the current scene resolution.
Works fine, except for the deactivated switch layers!
They stay in their original form/size, what leads to big problems once I switch them.
I can work around by remaking my switch-layers to normal groups,
and turning them back into switch layers once I imported the character.
But there must be another way.. I also tried out all the options (automatic scaling) in the preferences.
Anyone help? Also please see Pics below:
Image Image
slowtiger

Re: Bad sSitch Layer Scaling importing Anime Objects to Scen

Post by slowtiger »

OK, what I do to avoid this:
1. All elements inside a switch layer are not scaled, rotated, transformed, whatever.
2. I don't change the project properties, especially the dimensions, as long as I still import images.
3. If elements in a switch layer seem to be off, I select all the tools (1, 2, 3, 0) and reset were necessary.
4. I only transform the switch layer as a whole, if necessary.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
wollomat

Post by wollomat »

Hi Slowtiger! Thanks for your fast answer.
I checked your points:

1. I didnt scale within Animate
2. I didnt change the Project Properties, the Problem is that my Character Setup Scene is big (4000*4000 Pixel), so I can use it in a
Closeup Scene too, then I import it into HD (1920x1080). Somehow it always scales it down automatically, but the tools still show scaling is at 100%
3. Tried to reset, doesnt do anything, see 2.
4. I also didnt try to Scale anything, anime does it automatically by importing.

I just would like to get rid of the Automatic Scaling Option. Why cant it keep the original size after Import, even when its huge?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Why cant it keep the original size after Import, even when its huge?
Beats me. Usually it does. I use pretty large bitmaps myself, up to 10.000px long.
Please check if you have 2 images imported of which 1 is correct scale and 1 is off scale. Open these in Photoshop and check their DPI setting. It should be the same value.

I only have v8, if you have this or a smaller one as well you could also put the images and the anme. file into a zip archive and put it on Dropbox or Wetransfer, so I can download it and check.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
wollomat

Post by wollomat »

Hi Slowtiger!

Thanks for the offer for help, but I have 9.2. I guess its not comaptible with 8 right?
Well you are right, it doesnt do the Auto-REsize to Project Resolution when I am Importing a PSD file.
Then I still have a huuuge Image.

It happens when I import an already rigged character, an Aniate Project, into another scene.
And only affects the deactivated switch layers. In each direction, if I import a smaller project in a bigger Project,
the deactivated switch layers stay smaller, in their original size.

Same thing, if I change the Project size of a current Project, the deactivated Switch layers keep their original size.
This looks clearly like a bug to me.. Could be stopped by switching of the Auto Resize, but I dont know how..
Well until then maybe I have to avoid Switch layers..
wollomat

Post by wollomat »

I think I found a solution!
If I use the Photoshop Script to export single PNG layers, instead of using fully layered PSD Files in Anime Studio,
it seems to work.
Maybe Anime is simply overwhelmed by the big PSD Files with many layers, or maybe it is always going back to the PSD File to check the size, and rescaling the
off-switch-layers.. who knows.