Resources, tutorials, manuals to download?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CzechieChan

Resources, tutorials, manuals to download?

Post by CzechieChan »

Hi guys,
I'm absolutely new to Anime Studio Pro and so far I haven't done much besides the 'excercises' in the instructional manual that comes with the package.

Since I'm living in China, where sites like youtube/vimeo etc. are blocked and VPNs are never bulletproof, I wanted to ask, if there are any study materials available to download, or if there are some more in-depth manuals anywhere on the Internet?

There seems to be a huge gap to be covered in between the official guidebook and the webinars, where masters like Mr. Zehr and Paredes show the real MAGIC...

I'm a total newbie, but I'd like to reach a level, where my work would be visually on a presentable level...

If anyone has some tips, that would be great, thanks :-)
ErikAtMapache

Re: Resources, tutorials, manuals to download?

Post by ErikAtMapache »

I saw this link int he "How Do I..." section here

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21464
CzechieChan

Post by CzechieChan »

Thanks a lot, Erik, quite a collection there.

However, the main problem still stands - lots of times I simply can't access those videos long enough to actually stream it all. (especially since YouTube is now so user 'friendly'). I was hoping there would some videos just stored somewhere to be downloaded conveniently :-(

on a side note - for some reason, this forum is blocked in China too :roll:
gso125

Post by gso125 »

I just searched anime pro videos on vimeo and there's a bunch and some can be downloaded if the owner allows.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

Here is a Vimeo channel that has a variety of Anime Studio videos with some training videos mixed in.
https://vimeo.com/channels/feedmeanimation

If you post to Vimeo, make sure to add an "Anime Studio" or "Anime Studio Pro" tag to your video. Then comment on the shoutbox with a link to let us know you created it with Anime Studio. We'll add it to the channel.
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I've been putting together a website for Anime Studio tutorials, granted a lot of them are Youtube videos - but there is a shared file section too: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files
You can learn a lot from these files - I would recommend: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files?id=39
Potoroo

Post by Potoroo »

CzechieChan wrote:However, the main problem still stands - lots of times I simply can't access those videos long enough to actually stream it all. (especially since YouTube is now so user 'friendly'). I was hoping there would some videos just stored somewhere to be downloaded conveniently :-(
I downloaded the Smith Micro ASP tutorials from YouTube using FireFox and the Download Helper plugin.

Once Download Helper is installed go to the relevant YouTube page, let the video load for a couple of seconds and then pause it (if there is an ad let the ad run all the way through and make sure the video you want has started before you pause it). That couple of seconds lets all the appropriate information about video quality, etc, get loaded. When you click the Download Helper button you'll see a list of available file formats for download like this:

> [720p] A Foobar Tutorial.mp4
> [480p] A Foobar Tutorial.mp4
> [360p] A Foobar Tutorial.flv
> [240p] A Foobar Tutorial.flv
> [Medium] A Foobar Tutorial.mp4
> [Mobile] A Foobar Tutorial.gp3

etc. In this instance I'd select the "> [720p] A Foobar Tutorial.mp4" option as the best quality. Download Helper will then download the entire video in a single file transfer at file transfer speeds, meaning you can download huge videos in a matter of minutes (depending on your available bandwidth, of course).