PNGs disappear or act weird.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Pinesal

PNGs disappear or act weird.

Post by Pinesal »

I am working with a fully rigged character made completely out of PNG parts.

The character consists of 5 bodies in a switch layer. Front, 3/4 Front, Side, 34 Back, and Back.

For some reason, manipulating or sometimes simply switching to the 3/4 back or Back switch layers causes those layer's PNG files to switch with eachother. For example, suddenly his hands PNGs are replaced with the head PNG (heads for hands!). When I do a preview render is still looks correct but when working in the program, it's totally unusable.

I have have a similar problem with PNGs turning into white squares sometimes. This happens across PCs and even between PC and Mac versions. PNGs are created with GIMP and Photoshop.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way to avoid it?
Jeroenvwdm

Re: PNGs disappear or act weird.

Post by Jeroenvwdm »

I think I have the same problem...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24552
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This is a very strange problem. The only way to figure this out is if both of you could upload the files so we can see what is going on. I am absolutely certain we can find the cause of this issue.

Without access to the ASP files and the images used, there is no way to figure out what is causing this strange behavior.

To provide everything, you would need to "zip" the directory that contains all the ASP files and the images. Another way to do this would be to use the Gather Media... so that all of the embedded images and the ASP file are saved into a new folder. Zip this folder and upload it somewhere so we can have access to to it.

I believe that the cause of the problem both of you are experiencing has to do with the titles/names of the images and the paths to those images. Without access to the EXACT SAME files you are using we can't find what is causing this error.

I would LOVE to find out what is going on. Like solving a mystery. :)

Another way to find the problem would be to provide just the ASP file without the images. I could look at that file in a text editor and I could see the image paths and image file names. This simple thing could give me some clue to why the specific images are being switched around.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

Jeroenvwdm wrote:I think I have the same problem...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24552

Yes, this looks exactly like what is happening to me.

heyvern, I will put something together for you to look at.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

Here is a simple one that's giving me problems. Let me know what you find out.

You might have to play with it a bit before the problem pops up. Just click on all the different layers until it happens. Hopefully, it happens.

Thanks! Very much.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/146 ... S9feet.zip
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Try disabling GPU acceleration in the preferences and see if these problems persist.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Sorry, I couldn't make it not work. There's nothing wrong with paths or image names (my first guess). Maybe Synthsin's suggestion about GPU acceleration will help.

I honestly have never seen this happen before.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

Well, that just figures doesn't it.

I happens to me on two PCs and a Mac.

heyvern, if I put together another zip would you look at it too?

Also, I'll try disabling GPU acceleration and report back.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

synthsin75 wrote:Try disabling GPU acceleration in the preferences and see if these problems persist.

Wow, that seemed to work.

I wonder if it's a problem with AMD graphics?

But anyway, thanks! I hope I don't see a huge performance hit.

This is honestly a life saver!
Jeroenvwdm

Post by Jeroenvwdm »

Yes, disabling GPU works, but it makes ASP really, really slow... When I hit the space bar for preview it doesn't run smooth... To bad