Baked in interpolation?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RichardU

Baked in interpolation?

Post by RichardU »

I've spent a lot of time getting my mouth switch layers to interpolate properly. Now they work so well, I sometimes see an expression between mouth shapes that I would like to hold. Any way to do that?
heyvern

Re: Baked in interpolation?

Post by heyvern »

Yes there is a way to get those points. It's a little bit tricky.

First make a copy of one of the switch layers. Not sure exactly which one, it's either the one before the switch key change or after. Then key the switch to change between the two layers you want to "mix" into a new one. You select one of the layers (I forget which one, two choices) and then move the time line to the frame you like. The points of the switch layer selected have moved to this "mixed" postion. You then select all points and place a key frame.

Now got to frame 0, select the point key frame just created and copy to frame 0, then delete the point key.
You now have a new switch layer with the new positions.

It's been ages since I've used this technique so it's bit fuzzy. The basic idea is that the switch layer movement with interpolation will show as point movement on one of the switches when selected. Once you see those point movements you can key those points.
RichardU

Re: Baked in interpolation?

Post by RichardU »

Once again, heyvern saves the day. Thanks.

For anyone else, here is a summary:

To create a new switch layer which is an interpolation between Layer A and Layer B. First make a copy of Layer A. On the timeline, set the switch layer to A on frame 1. Set the switch layer to B on frame x (your choice). Select layer A and choose the frame which has the interpolated version you like. Select the Translate Points tool, Control-A, and click on the image (creates a key point). Go to frame 0. On the timeline, copy the keypoint just created and paste to frame 0.