Losing quality in movie editor

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RichardU

Re: Losing quality in movie editor

Post by RichardU »

I have done a lot of experimenting on this issue. I export to PNG. Then I import into LightWorks, much cheaper than Adobe and gets great results with far less learning curve.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

RichardU, I'll look into LightWorks. With the help of this forum and my brother, who does a lot of video editing, I found a way to get good results in ASP. The obvious best way is to work with image sequences which require an external movie editor. I don't yet have a good movie editor so I had to resort to plan "B".
I exported the four original files to Quicktime, mpeg 4, best, 872... I imported those four movies back into Anime Studio, slid them into position with the sequencer and exported the group as H.264. I got good resolution and consistent color between the four clips in the final movie.
Glitches are still noticeable but that's because I have a faulty way of working. I'll learn from my mistakes and make corrections.
The video is unlisted but if I don't see any glaring mistakes I'll make it public in a couple of days.
http://youtu.be/Bb1aM2TbC-o
Cheers, Larry
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

Larry. I really liked your video, particularly the facial expressions and the head turn at the end. My only criticism would be the sound. It's better than a lot of web audio, but still sounds like you're in a phone booth.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

RichardU, After reading your reply I did a youtube search on podcast mics and heard the difference a quality microphone makes. Now I want a cardioid mic. After all, he does have a mic in his studio... I will upgrade my audio equipment for the next episode.
I focused only on visual appeal and subject matter. My plan is to use this character to video blog so now I know I have to improve the sound quality.
Cheers, Larry
daney7g

Post by daney7g »

Hi, i read an small article the other on the hitfilm forum about video editors not working well with compressed video codecs like mp4 and other compressed formats, heres the link i'm sure you'll find it helpful. http://community.hitfilm.com/index.php? ... rformance/. This link gives you information on some intermediate codecs ( codecs good for video editing) which relates to the article in the previous link http://wiki.treet.tv/Intermediate_Codecs

Hope it helps,

Dane Custance
"If you do nothing, nothing happens!" Jacque Fresco
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Excellent article. Thanks. I also looked at a cardioid microphone today. I wish it were practical to put everyone's name in the credits. This forum helps you get better in a 'hurry'.
Cheers, Larry