A few questions on pro 9

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gso125

Re: A few questions on pro 9

Post by gso125 »

I looked at the actions timeline for B10 removed a few keys and tested and it still had the crazy movements, also tried the bone rotate tool and surprise it acted the same way. So I dug out my old HP laptop and installed 9.2 pro and NO weird crazy action everything I have works as it should. So the brand new maxed out apple mac book pro has the issues of these weird actions. I have a new iMac that I will test out later. I tried the mouse from my iMac with the mac book pro and still have the same crazy actions. I might buy a pen tablet and see if that helps. I will also try to reinstall the program on the mac book pro and see if that helps. The mac book has the issue at this point might be a mac issue or just my touch pad/ mouse settings issue. Again thanks for all the help and Im new into this but having a lot of fun with it.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This sounds very strange.

I have a brand new maxed out Macbook pro with ASP 9.2 and it works fine. No crazy movement (except for minor stuff regarding the Manipulate Bones tool which is the same as it always was). Are you sure you have the latest Anime Studio Pro version on the Mac? There was the original 9.0 in the box, but there was a 9.1 and 9.2 update. Make sure you have the latest version. I think that 1 or both of these updates possibly addressed some track pad issues.

In my system the trackpad or mouse both work the same way.

I also tested on Windows with the same file and version of Anime Studio with the same results. However, I am using Windows Vista running in VMWare on the mac. I don't know if that would make a difference. The input devices are suppose to be mapped as native Windows input devices.
gso125

Post by gso125 »

I had downloaded in the beginning with a copy from support and it was version 9.2 build 6776 (64 bit)

I just downloaded from the website the upgrade 9.2 for Mac

I installed it on top of the already installed ver. After it upgraded it was the same 9.2 build 6776 (64 bit)

I tested it out and the manipulate tool was still a litte quarkie but much better control now and the rotate bones tool seems good Also. Ill keep testing and have my Fingers crossed that its fixed.

Thank you Gerry
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Just found out the the smart bone video (http://anime.smithmicro.com/tutorials/a ... bones.html) is incorrect.

It specifically uses the Manipulate Bones tool in the smart bone action. This doesn't work in the latest version of Anime Studio Pro (9.2). Since the Manipulate Bones tool keys ALL the bones using this tool in SB actions is not good. The video was done using a prior version of Anime Studio that did not allow keying of other bone channels in the SB action.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

heyvern, I'm not sure I understand. I spent some time over the weekend building smart bones, and smart bone actions and never ran into any issues (other than my own clumsiness). What is the issue you're eluding to?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The smart bone feature originally only controlled point translation and curvature. Later the control of other bone angle channels was added to smart bones.

It depends on which version of Anime Studio you have. If you use an older version of 9 (not sure which one had the feature added) that doesn't have the extra bone rotation control you won't see any trouble.

This means if you used the Manipulate bones tool inside a smart bone action as described in the video could cause unexpected or unwanted behavior in the main time line when rotating a smart bone.

If you only use the rotate bone tool and don't use the Manipulate bones tool inside a smart bone action you shouldn't have any problems.

The key issue is that rotating other bones inside a smart bone action will cause that bone to rotate when rotating the smart bone action in the main time line.

In a specific example, if you have a chain of two bones, bicep and forearm, and you have a smart bone set up for the forearm with a rotation of the bicep, using the manipulate bones tool in the main line and dragging the forearm bone will cause the bicep bone to spin around uncontrollably.

If you use the rotate bone tool on the forearm the bicep won't spin around but you will see the rotation of that bone activate based on the smart bone action for the forearm.

This issue is confusing due to versions of Anime Studio and the complex nature of smart bones. I only discovered the error in the video because at least two other people followed that video to the letter and had all kinds of issues. After trying to track it down I watched that video again and saw that the manipulate bones tool was used in the smart bone action. This was what caused the uncontrollable behavior.