Style and Line Width

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Thrashador

Style and Line Width

Post by Thrashador »

Hey guys,
So I have multiple characters across different projects, as well as backgrounds, and it seems like the line widths aren't matching up.

One character in his own project file had a line width of 5, but imported into another character's project file, the first one randomly had a line width of 3.93.

If I import the second character into the first character's project file, then he has a line width of 7.41. By changing one to the other's line width, the widths can match visually, but it's a lot of trial and error to make that happen.

Is there a way to make them universally consistent? It's a bit confusing right now. Is there an explanation as to why it does it this way?

Thanks,
Thrashador
heyvern

Re: Style and Line Width

Post by heyvern »

Without seeing the files and just making a guess, my first thought would be the document project settings dimension are causing the changes. If you change the project settings dimensions, the style line widths will change to compensate. If you have a bunch of different files with different dimensions but with the same style line width, and import these files, the line widths will be different than the ORIGINAL file. The strokes will change based on the dimensions of the file you are importing in to to try and maintain the same width appearance.

The change from a line width of "5" to "3.93" is not random, it's based on the difference between the width and height of the imported file and the destination file. Anime Studio is trying to keep the appearance of the shape line widths.

-----

Something I have done since almost the first day using Anime Studio... a long time ago in a galaxy far far away (Moho)... I always create a named stroke style for all shapes. If my project has consistent stroked shapes used on many layers, creating and applying this named style makes fixing imported stroke width changes really fast and easy. Instead of having to click on every shape and changing the width, I can just edit that one style and update the whole thing with one click. I just set the line width and stroke color for this named style. I uncheck fill and any other settings. This gives me a global line width and line color control.
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

I am not a fan of the styles system, but I learned it just so I could have a width style like heyvern,
Thrashador

Post by Thrashador »

In retrospect, Heyvern was exactly right and very helpful!

Thanks for that. :)

Thrashador