Selling Anime Studio Tutorials

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

onurdemirsoy

Selling Anime Studio Tutorials

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Hello. I wonder something. I want to make series of tutorials about Anime Studio and want to share some of them for free. Other ones will be private content and only paid customers would have a chance to watch them. Is it possible for me to do this? I mean should I ask a permission from Smith Micro for this? If you ll help me I ll be happy. Thanks.
*E* ed Too 2

Re: Selling Anime Studio Tutorials

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:Hello. I wonder something. I want to make series of tutorials about Anime Studio and want to share some of them for free. Other ones will be private content and only paid customers would have a chance to watch them. Is it possible for me to do this? I mean should I ask a permission from Smith Micro for this? If you ll help me I ll be happy. Thanks.
Hello,
........ *Interesting !.... *U* feel yourself good enough to *charge-me* do you. HOW MUCH THEN ?..... for *me* as representitive to other *students*.... I will then be able to *show*.... for free ?
SO ! For what wake *eye* upon Ruddy rock ?
Muddy Minglish ~ one answer ~ crowing Cock !
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I am planning to make maybe 5 hours long tutorials. I have to make lots of characters, backgrounds and animations for this job. I think people will love to watch my tutorials. I would like to make them for free but it looks impossible for now. Thats why I asked.
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:I am planning to make maybe 5 hours long tutorials. I have to make lots of characters, backgrounds and animations for this job. I think people will love to watch my tutorials. I would like to make them for free but it looks impossible for now. Thats why I asked.

Yeap i know >>>>> *Mammonism* ! Ain't it a bitch ?

Point Though was : Why should i or anyone bother to pay you;
*** I've been told umpteen times *here* on this forum that all i need .... is to look on the net. They've even posted *links*.... to help me do .... just that ? ***

OH PLEASE DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND *me* :
................................................... I'm not at all sure i agree with them;
SO ~ COnsidering Mammonists-right... may i ask why you've not *put* your proposed skills to a video ... *here*.... for *me* ?

*** KIND of like ~ THE SORT OF THING A good Mammonist ~ AUGHT TO HAVE DONE IN THE 1st PLACE >>> right ? ***
arfa

Post by arfa »

@onurdemirsoy
Sounds like a grand scheme. I don't see any SMicro problems as you are in fact mostly promoting their product.

I do wonder about the financial viability. No doubt that some tutorials are far superior to others and you will probably find customers but... 5 hours is a lot of work. Have you checked the forum to see who else is doing similar? I recall heyVern setting up paid tutes a few years back. I wonder how he got on.

I look forward to seeing anything you put forward.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Well thank you for responding. I wanna do this as a job. Not sure if i ll make money or not but it is not important. I ll do some videos and see what will happen. If people like them i ll add new ones. Its my plan :D does it look like a bad plan :) not sure
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

arfa wrote:I recall heyVern setting up paid tutes a few years back. I wonder how he got on.
Yeah, that didn't end well...LowResTV
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
arfa

Post by arfa »

does it look like a bad plan
The vision seems good - but who can be sure of the result? If you haven't done it before you would surely learn a lot - both about producing tutorials and AS. If you begin allowing that you may not make any money then you can't fail.

If you make any $$ - :!: :!: :!: bonus :D
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

:?: :?: :?: :?:

I don't get it ..... 100 clicks since i at 7 last clicked ( 24 hours )

SO~ There must be some interest in *paying* for Tuts. BUT~ no why or what's wrong those already for sale {Chad}..... or with.... getting it all free from the net.

ME ?
.... Well i have some ideas BUT~ the R*soul who posted this one, hasn't put *Land of Origin* to his avatar....
.....NOR~ has he/she/it... put anything up... for viewing as yet. Tends to lead me to T*inking..... Rightious... soul... may not in fact be the case.

Could be wrong of course, BUT~ as i said

I don't get it....100 clicks since I @7 clicks first commented.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Lloyd, why are you so hung up on where people come from? You haven't put South Africa on your Avatar? Oh you are in the UK now. Why when you seem to hate the English so much is a mystery but then you seem to hate everyone for some reason. Also, as you seem to think everyone should give their hard work away for nothing I assume you give your tiles away free to anyone who asks?

There's nothing wrong with the free tutorials available on YouTube including Chad's but if someone wants to spend their time creating tutorials and, quite rightly, charge for them then people can decide if they want to buy them or not.
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

:?:
Hey MAN ~ Amiga,
......................UP~again, are *u* ? Nice !.
So 6 questions in one sentence. MAY i then, as you do, * assume *... you know too that answers too, a lot of the time, require more than 1 sentence.

AND~ usually~ @least some sort of *on the same page* understanding ?
WELL~ your Uk attached, goes part way towards that... *on the same page* understanding.
~ AND In England i know that ~ *omission* can very often equate to a lie*.... is in and within the culture... of those that live there. OR IS THAT NOT CORRECT ?

SO ?
Why English ~ Well~ Getting one True English MAN~ to help me animate ~ * in 2D * ~ that Loop Holes *Chicken sh*t attitude*... for all those that~ *In England* ~think the same way.
AND YES~ I have heard 1 or 2.... express such wish. FROM SOMEONE !

*U* Do know the one I refer to , don't you ? The one ~" that's so slippery to *on the same page* understanding

AS for avatar ~ Man i wish i knew how to both make and apply one.
ORIGIN~ Not South Africa ~ But Black Africas~~ Zambia, is my land of birth.

AS for the question of FREE V PAID... Do *U* mind if *we* get to a *Chicken Sh*ts level* and on the same page 1st

AS For Hate !
............... Well that's more a Knife,sword,stick,bomb type of word ~ SO NO ! Despise i think ... closer to the truth, BESIDES ~ it @least gives me and you room to LOOK @ TONGUES animation... without getting all *bloody* about it.

OH YES~ My experience *here~in England*.... has also dug up the following 2D characters ~:

One very, very seldom..... goes to this sort of length, without some sort of *hope*.... *** I'm one of those ... ones ***
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

For your Avatar....
1. On your computer create a square image (this could be in Anime Studio, like mine, or in any paint software) and scale it to 80 x 80 pixels.
Save it as a JPEG, adjusting the save settings until it's under 6 kb in size. (It has to be under 6 kb)
2. Go to the Anime Studio Forum and click on 'User Control Panel' at the top left of the page.
3. Click on 'Profile' and then 'Edit Avatar'.
4. Next to 'Upload From Your Machine' is a browse button. Browse to where you saved the image you created and double click on it.
5. Click to Save Your Settings and your new Avatar should appear.

I hope that helps.

By the way, I'm up at 5am every morning in the week and a few hours later at weekends.
Last edited by AmigaMan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Onurdemirsoy - I suggest making a short tutorial as an example of the type of tutorials you intend to create. That way people can give feedback and indicate if it's something they would be willing to pay for.
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

:shock: .... 172 !

Sorry MAN Amiga,
..................... just been trying to get my head around that last line *to me*.

By the way, I'm up at 5am every morning in the week and a few hours later at weekends.[/quote]

:shock:

Sorry Dale,
..................... just been trying to get my head around that last line *to me*.
WELL~ done a little *looking* AND ~ Man if there's ever a person in *animation* that deserves *mY* respect... *u* would be just such a person.

The Problem ... Dam there goes that Capital THE again, ~ *mY problem*... is ... *Today~ in England* (& yes other places too) to *me* ...."1 Mans respect is another mans Insult"
OH ~ I think i have a definition for it and think I understand *The Definition*~ Qed version, BUT~ ;

WELL ~ let's see !
How many *here* do *u* think will respect *mY* .... request... for .... every clck to give to *us*... there own definition..... ?

MAN~ That last line to *me*...! Gonna take a bit more head scratching i think. OH~ I have an Idea BUT~ ?????????????
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

My last line to you? Because your first line to me was....
Hey MAN ~ Amiga,
......................UP~again, are *u* ? Nice !.