LostMarble 2.0? Feedback appreciated.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

daney7g

LostMarble 2.0? Feedback appreciated.

Post by daney7g »

A new platform need not be the headache it seems, indeed it could galvanize the community even more if we all collaborate together on choosing it and working out the kinks. People could suggest features and platforms that they know and love from other places on the web that they/we frequent. I guess what im getting at is that if we engage with each other in the process of choosing a new platform and also keep each other informed about progress people could check it out before hand and most of the issues could be dealt with before any move is initiated which would save people getting frustrated.

Lost marble 2.0 is just an idea right now and considering what people have said about the confusion it would cause its wise to give the idea careful consideration before any serious work goes into it by getting some feedback. Additionally there is the fact the there is a lot of information gathered on the database so this is a major consideration and as far as im aware its very possible that the database could be transferred to a new system in many cases and this would preserve all the information gathered here over the years.

Lostmarble 2.0 could be awesome what do you all think?
Last edited by daney7g on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If you do nothing, nothing happens!" Jacque Fresco
arfa

Re: LostMarble 2.0? Feedback

Post by arfa »

For those of us less familiar with this forum could you give a precis of what LM2 *is* or what the vision or comcept is.
There may be other threads I have not read. Could yo ref. those?

I enjoy AS as a working environment and like to think I will move on with it - and that it will move on - upgrades, features, etc.
daney7g

Post by daney7g »

Hi arfa thanks for getting back to me, the point of the post was to see who is interested in a new and modern lost marble community platform and not intended to be whole proposal in and of itself. The idea was to get a discussion started where people can air their views for or contrary to the idea. I don't know about other threads apart from the one where i first posted some of this message. What would i look for to ascertain with any degree of certainty that i had covered all the views of the forum when it come to looking for other posts and older posts, the range would be quite broad. Also im referring to the community platform and not the software.
"If you do nothing, nothing happens!" Jacque Fresco
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

HEY Daney,
Sorry just can't help myself !
...................................... You can't even see the letters *L O S T* as being 2 Dimensional *characters* in them selves ! Just how do i then even begin to take you seriously.
REGARDS
*E* ed too 2
perhaps you aught to try back track a little, my posts may shed some light BUT~ try reading them with a 2 dimensional eye whilst on this 2 Dimension page AND remembering that animating any of those ...single... letters.... *ucks the story.
OH YES~ *ucks... can also mean ducks the story. BUT~ you'll need a 2 dimensional eye... that's awake ... to see that !
SO ! For what wake *eye* upon Ruddy rock ?
Muddy Minglish ~ one answer ~ crowing Cock !
Lukas

Re: LostMarble 2.0? Feedback appreciated.

Post by Lukas »

A forum seems like a great way to communicate, and this forum works just fine.

No need to create new forums and split the community apart.

:roll:
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

Lukas wrote:A forum seems like a great way to communicate, and this forum works just fine.

No need to create new forums and split the community apart.

:roll:
:?: ... Hey Lukas,
.......................nice sentiments (thoughts) BUT~ What Community, and if there is one (hope so) am I not allowed to question *iT* ...... AND ..... just where it's coming from..... or .... even if *it* can at least be sure of those in it .... @ LEAST... having, even if not using,...... the same 2D application.
arfa

Post by arfa »

I am a poor artist and animator - but have a passion and want to learn.
I mess about with lots of digital stuff and I really like AS. [rave reviews on request :D ]
I have a use for animation.
I have fun playing about.

Where/how do I learn? extend my playground? - using this software, the manual AND this forum.
Is it the perfect community? Maybe not. Split already... Re-joined? Well enough.
Do I get answers or can I find solutions - generally YES.

I have so far taken the approach of "browse postings, see whats new, notice the repeated appearance of Last Post * * - sigh - move on."
So much seems to be critical, negative, put down, accusative, etc.

arfa on drumlug on chucky...
I say cruel poetry discussion .
eccentric very *but*** for sake the chit ?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This forum is mostly about the technical aspects of the software: how to use it, how to deal with problems, how to solve certain tasks.

If you need additional info about filmmaking, there's a plethora of sites dealing with that. There's sites with tutorials and other material, and there's sites with films and stuff from artists all over the world. Although we may discuss part of this here as well, you shouldn't restrict yourself to this forum.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

I have so far taken the approach of "browse postings, see whats new, notice the repeated appearance of Last Post * * - sigh - move on."

[/quote]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/quote][/quote]

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

:idea: ~~ I say Poetry... is 2 dimensional shorthand for : Cut through all the *rap.
MUCH~ like i see the desire to use this 2D application to : Cut through all the *rap.

Futhermore~ I say :
........................ the 2nd using the 1st as a script.... could /would lead to some interesting voice overs, besides of course allowing me and others to consider the benefits of a whole lot of *community-members*..... possibly/maybe... willing to consider the addition of those/their voices... to others, needing alternative ones to their own.

In addition~ i say :
.......................I am not looking to short change any look @ or discussion in/about or around > the software or the manual.
~BUT~ not in general discussion, unless it's about... the need/value of a comprehensive *tutorialistic* approach to that software and its Manual.