tools [old player returns]

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arfa

tools [old player returns]

Post by arfa »

I was diverted from animation into gaming. Back again...

I am looking at ver9 and wonder about custom tool integration.
I admit to being surprised seeing Fazek's tools still offered as 'extra' (for ver 8). They were essential for me back in ver6 - where I left off - and I thought they may have been integrated as standard by now.

I know its a BIG question but how far has the current tool set included what I considered basic add-ons?
Rudiger
Vern
Kelly
etc.
They (by memory here :) all had some very cool and useful stuff on offer. Do I still need to add these as 'extra?'

I am generally trying to see how things have moved on.
I trawl the forum, read reviews but this question doesn't get much mention.

I read "Increased script access" - but this could be just add/edit.

Anyhow, I am keen to be digging in and exploring.
arfa

Re: tools [old player returns]

Post by arfa »

I am slowly getting my AS world back together - old files, projects, scripts etc. It will take a while.
I need to spend more time with the new version but...

refer to above.

I have found ASS.com [scripting post Feb 13 2013 - so very new - but 5900 views] and see David Rylander's two way ticket is there. I guess I will eventually work out the extent of (what I see as core/essential) script inclusion as default in ver9 as I go but thought I might have had some user comment. I am more of a script hacker than a writer. Maybe this should be in the scripting section?

I guess I also need to see where the AS community has gone over the last - maybe 3 years since I was posting. Allowing that virtual communities are - indeed virtual.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Look for Ramón Lopez' tool for starters.
Lost layer and Smart bone helpers are great
There are too many scripts to list, have a look in the stickies in scripting section of the forum.
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

Mentals~ Instant picture section
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

~ Hello *u*... No tube site to check out ?
~ From 6 to 9... in one *used-not* jump
~ More hacker than scripter ?
:?: :?:
~~~~~~
I guess I also need to see where the AS community has gone over the last - maybe 3 years since I was posting. Allowing that virtual communities are - indeed virtual.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hello Arfa,

I'm still a beginner using Pro8, but currently ,mainly just to manipulate pngs .
BUT~ i also started with ver6 debut ,3yrs ago, full of hopes and *simple* expectations BUT also absolutely no understanding of either it or computers.
Journey ?
Well both interesting AND very disappointing, Partly because I chose a route that willfully ignored all the 2D character and vector/tools section. Right / wrong ? academic.
Reason ?
Well that journey was the main one. One however, that i hoped would arrive at *this-here* today, (meaning @least able to now apply *whatever*... on and within png / video environments i like and aimed to arrive at... from that 1st *not easy* opening disappointment.
Result ?
Well ~ i made (i think) the mistake of *seeing* this forum as an opportunity to *look* at 'lip-syncing' from an.... *I'm gonna need that...point of view ! * BUT~ since i thought I was talking to a savy forum ... thought not to point out that ***** RIGHT NOW- then too ***** A/s provides for the addition of written..... 'lip syncing'.
Something I thought everyone aiming to animate would want to, not only practice, BUT also get down pat/right.
Thinking~ naturally i thought- that *this-written-opportunity*... could also be used in an *actual* ..... Try script it & see - type experiment. Hoping too of course to see some vid/tut type responses as well.

Now regarding *u*~
Would *u* could *u*... use that *hacker-skill* you mention to make a *** This is what scripting is *** type look at .... well whatever *u* think a beginner should have as a HOPED FOR... expection.
NOT A CLICK THIS CLICK THAT TYPE PLEASE.... But a *** LOOK~ F*amazing *** type of attempt.

Lots of mouth there I know, sorry but written explanations tend to require it.

REGARDS
*E* ed too 2 to
SO ! For what wake *eye* upon Ruddy rock ?
Muddy Minglish ~ one answer ~ crowing Cock !
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Two way ticket to frame 0 is now actually included in ASP9. (Cmd/Shift/D)

Scripts I consider essential (and have not been included in ASP9):
Ramón Lopez's: Lost Layer / Lost Doodle / Lost Wiggle / Smart Bone
Capricorns FKIK script
Rudigers nudge keys tool
Fazek's replace line tool

...I'm probably forgetting some.

Oh, and THIS. ;)
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

Lukas wrote:Two way ticket to frame 0 is now actually included in ASP9. (Cmd/Shift/D)

Scripts I consider essential (and have not been included in ASP9):
Ramón Lopez's: Lost Layer / Lost Doodle / Lost Wiggle / Smart Bone
Capricorns FKIK script
Rudigers nudge keys tool
Fazek's replace line tool

...I'm probably forgetting some.

Oh, and THIS. ;)
Mentals ~ instant picture section
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
~ 2 wat ticket to frame 0 .... ?

*** DAM~ Why is it so difficult to get you to make a vid cast .... of just what that means ?
*** Oh~ and post it here.... too !
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hi Lukas,
I know 1 answer to that~ " takes a lot of ... my Utube ... space up + of course quiet a bit of time too ".

BUT~ man -I got to tell you ... i really do wish... those of you capable of * Talking about *.... this app, would do so.
NOT~ click by click please...
BUT~ more along the lines of...... F*me... what an amazing thing it is to be able to use this app really, really well.

Regards
*E* ed Too 2 to
arfa

Post by arfa »

BIG thanks for the replies.

Ahhhhh, Ed - can I just do Ed?
E* ed Too 2 is more than my multiple thumbs can auto in one glance and attempts to remember the syntax.
A fellow "down under?"
And what wonderful energy and work. I am very Goons, Python, Douglas Adams (HitchHikers Guide - if you don't know this then find the audio- no the book)
Yes, youtube vids for answers but - sifting the data. there are LOTS of scripts but many are VERY task specific with a few generally essential - Fazeks fit - fitted - that cat. for me. I am hoping not to have to revisit too much "suck it and see."

@Luaks
Ramón - I seem to remember a lot of :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D and SUPER WONDERFUL things :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: leading to always something relevant.
Capricorns - new
Nudge - OK still relevant. Cool
Only Fazeks replace line? I was working on interface last night and his Add Point still seems necessary - as in click to click, not click drag; and multiple points + click for new linked center (wheels, pyramids etc.)
Two way ticket included- great. THIS saves fiddling and reading. Thanks.

Eddddddddd - 2way - means a jump from working timeframe to frame zero - make adjusts - then jump back to where you were. Sooooo glad it has been included.
those of you capable of * Talking about *.... this app
Time..... How long has it taken me to type just this much - let along make a vid?
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

@E'ed too 2 to: When animating, and you are for example on frame 59. If you press CMD+SHIFT+D, (or CTRL+SHIFT+D if you're on windows) you are transported to 'Design mode' (frame 0). You can adjust your rig, then press CMD+SHIFT+D again, and you'll be transported right back to frame 59. Very handy.

@arfa: Yeah I figured many people use Fazek's tools. Maybe I should check them out again. I currently only really use the replace line tool, which is brilliant.
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Mentals~ instant picture section

~~~And here i thought i was talking to a Canadian ?
---- " fellow Down under " fits NOT~ to Kiwi's ... unless of course a brown indigenous, OR of course *a left over* (and under recognized) serf.... of Cook !
~~~ But *that* couldn't have happened,,,,, * would have been eaten*

Time..... How long has it taken me to type just this much - let along make a vid?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

hey Arfa... *ed*... fine !

A fan of .... Yeh me too... for a long, long time.
BUT~ NOW~ * their Art * just reminds me of how *good* they were at making me feel like laughing @Myself ~ whilst '"Down under". SAD~ i know, but wanting to *laugh* for real... led me to looking at just what & why... i did so... in the past. WHY~ well those *on top*.... seem to have failed to appreciate those Sad/laugh @yourself ... let off.... moments.

QUOTE~Time..... How long has it taken me to type just this much - let along make a vid?

& SO TO MEAT !~ Scripts
Take your point about being very task specific (i.e heavy on D'clicks)... and valid too, BUT~ scripting to me, is a word currently *down under* the **SCRIPTS~TAG**, and to me that be not only SAD but also a MENTAL-FREEDOM.... chained.

OK~ that said~ AND, given that a lot of animators aim for more than a 45sec Ads upload. This forum, with this section.... is not only an opportunity to consider the problems of ** Too many words ** but also difficulties in getting the **auto translate** side of this app... maybe improved. Besides....the fact that > I have heard. more than a few bewail the *LOSS* of those who would /could be prepared to *ADD* their own very distinctive voices to.... scripts... from other animators.

*** THANK *U* for sharing ... with... real > Sharing. *** "& with"...... something to shear too. KNOW WAT i MEAN Mate ***

REGARDS
*E* ed Too 2 to

" In any B*lunch of B*lown B*litz... surely sits
@least one... considering... colour... of wits
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

Lukas wrote:@E'ed too 2 to: When animating, and you are for example on frame 59. If you press CMD+SHIFT+D, (or CTRL+SHIFT+D if you're on windows) you are transported to 'Design mode' (frame 0). You can adjust your rig, then press CMD+SHIFT+D again, and you'll be transported right back to frame 59. Very handy.

@arfa: Yeah I figured many people use Fazek's tools. Maybe I should check them out again. I currently only really use the replace line tool, which is brilliant.
Mentals Instant picture section
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Hey Lukas< " me no useeee Short cuts. *Finger says... too much ram/rom ... for Finger to contain* >>> Up, down, swipe, scroll, click, clack, duck and chuck ! Beginners mode.......please.

Besides~ the 20/20 side of me now sees whole box and thinks....... *that whole side of this A/s app could do with a RE~look* some interesting interfaces *OUT THERE*
:?: :?: :?: :?:

WOT~NO UNDERstandee ~ 20/20 side ?
OK ~ in pictures

Issue 100% = *u* too 100%
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

>>>>>> 80% *wick'd 20 % maybe /////// 20% Wot/why t*ink 80% *wick'd

WELL D' 20/20 side is ................20%maybe, 20% wot/why t*ink PLUS 80% *wick'd*
Dis equals ... 80% against 120%.... which leads/led me to.... " Worth maybe trying to get *u*, you and SmithMicro... to Re- t*ink... the whole ISSUE.

WOT T*ink *u*.

UNDER~standeee now ?

REGARDS
*E* ed Too 2 to
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
~ In any B*lunch of B*lown B*litz.... surely sits
~ @ least one... considering... colour of Wits... bits
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I'm sorry *E*, but I'm going to stop reading your posts if you don't start typing normally. I'm not going to try to decipher your posts, if you want to interact, please try to write readable.
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

Lukas wrote:I'm sorry *E*, but I'm going to stop reading your posts if you don't start typing normally. I'm not going to try to decipher your posts, if you want to interact, please try to write readable.
You know Lukas,
Typing normally is easy, people been doing it for hundreds of years. Animating however is not typing AND~ as such ~ all the *descriptive words* used in typing normally are not needed or can not be used. THE ANIMATOR~ does use ~ pictures, movement, and other *visual-tools* instead.

WELL~ decrypting ~ other animators work/animations is something I have just about given up on. For it seems to me that the *visual~mind* has been lost, or at least i can't seem to find it in their efforts.

AS for decrypting my efforts, please feel free to disengage, no insult taken or seen. I am aiming however at *Decrypters* active here AND with me.
WHY ? well does not the animators animation equate to a *visual experience requiring .... decryption... in its self ?

REGARDS
*E* ed too 2 to
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Ed I have to agree that some aspects of the interface are a little user unfriendly and at times a bit convoluted. The UI could bear a full overhaul but I doubt we'll get one any time soon (not a full UI reskin.) I fumble around and have glaringly obvious things pointed out to me like the lasso check box in point select mode which make me think it's all about how much time you have yourhead in the app. But all told its worth it, the app is very affordable to me and is really its own niche in 2d.

Which brings me to the next point. People are time-poor. forum posts can come across as flippant and txt-like but tha ts because many dont ha ve the luxury of time to s pend on it. I think you type cryptic posts because youre a genuinly wierd and interesting dude which is groovy, but im belting this out on an iPad while rushing thru breakfast to run to my drug counselling day job. so i dont have time to decode and cn imagine many others dont either. to get up to that elevation with you would take a perfect storm of time and inclination. so the trade off is flippant communication or intersting but unread.

stay wierd Mate
arfa

staying weird

Post by arfa »

@ed
Read able...
Yes, I confess skipping a whole bunch

There are two (many actually) elements in a forum - social and technical. I figure most are here primarily for the 2nd.
And you get little snips - like Lukas' and THIS :wink:
and your share / shear...
and madRobot off to his drug counseling job - enough weirdness already :?:
and my own very people oriented multi-faceted, multi-cultural, multi-gender, multi-muliti-lovable-loony-life.
Teaching - truth - real answers - the point of life - YEAH, it should never be lineal. Poetry, music, suggestion, metaphor, YES - weirdness.
BUT... the threads to convention need to be accessible gto be useful.

I am mostly here to extend my skills as an educator using animation.
My art skills are poor (read 'crap') but I love it all.
I love Rudiger's MorphDials :!: :!: :!: :!:
Not yet got my head around it [time!!!] but will. This is mostly why I started this post. To find stuff like this.

@madRobot
I looked at TBoom before deciding to return to AS. Its interface is lacking, confusing, etc.
The world is less than perfect.
We adapt.
AS is kinda quirky. I like that. It has all of you guys woven into it {where is heyVern? } As opposed to a slightly more clinical (as it seems tome), prescribed interface.

I think I will switch this (my part) of this thread to scripting.
my opening line..
I am looking at ver9 and wonder about custom tool integration.
thanks for being real
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

Hey again *obot,
Nice to hear from you again.
Quote ~ I think you type cryptic posts because youre a genuinly wierd and interesting dude which is groovy ".....*nice rub*... but doesn't everyone think they're groovy too. I know I seem to post otherwise, BUT~ *unique* means........ well there's 8 billion current definitions to that.

As for type criptic... 100% correct... time consuming for both you AND me, tho' many seem to miss that.

Why then ?
Well~ bit difficult to answer that *simply*.... as most seem to want, but here's a few,
1~ Goolge ... can't translate it.... only English speakers then !
2~ Deliberate ... Animators forum being the hardest *class* of all ... to crack, yet *Creative -out the box -status*... Professional declarative.
3~ " Practice, practice, practice... makes perfect " Tutorialistic Bulls Squirt. **** DESIRE ~ makes perfect **** Practice, practice,practice... is *its* price.
For... well i can go on
BUT ~ 1st understand this ~ no animation 5,10,15,20 or more minutes is going to save the world.... " it can however, *illuminate*, and that might just do it. Something currently being attempted all around the net... by an awful lot of animators. YET~ .... well that's the point... me too am tying, only 1st with the animators attempting to animate me.
BUT~ here's the crunch, they've succeeded already, I and all those other awful lot have got the point... now what ?

ME ?
Well i thought the *U* in You Tube would be a wick'd place to start, but 1st it seems to me, you've got to have *proprietors* attitude to that singular *u* rather than the slippery you, most here.... seem so attached to.

Wot T*ink *u*.
REGARDS
*E* ed too 2 to.

AND *u* arfa.... man... you've no idea... *BUT~ thanks for the support*