New to ASP, interface Question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

awbirkner

New to ASP, interface Question

Post by awbirkner »

I just purchased ASP9 and the Anime Studio Official Guide (written in 2008)

Most of what is in the guide exists currently (and more) however I'm a bit confused regarding the interface.

It looks like I should have a move forward and move back button... But don't. I've made an image of my toolbox along with the one from the book.

Where are those buttons? Can I map a keystroke to them like in illustrator? (Ctrl/Cmd + Shft + ] Bring to Front and Cmd + ] Bring Forward)

There are several other toolbox items that are not there, but seem to be combined... Is there a setting to show everything?

Thanks,

Happy Animating
slowtiger

Re: New to ASP, interface Question

Post by slowtiger »

If you don't find it in the toolbox, look for it in the top of the project window, or in the menu.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
awbirkner

Post by awbirkner »

It is in the draw menu, but there is no shortcut and I'd like to have it in my tools. Is there any way to do either of those things?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

awbirkner wrote:It is in the draw menu, but there is no shortcut and I'd like to have it in my tools. Is there any way to do either of those things?
After you select the shape you use the up and down arrows for raising/lowering shapes and you use shift/arrow to raise to front or back.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
awbirkner

Post by awbirkner »

Ah! thanks sbtamu
Imago

Post by Imago »

I copied the missing tools from a old version of ASP and added the right strings on Tools.txt

I think the old way was better! :roll:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yep, I brought up this point before. Interfaces change and when they do they can wreck havoc on older tutorials. I know my 3D software has the option of setting the interface to previous versions. At least that way you can keep older tutorials relevant. Unfortunately, AS doesn't for some reason and I have even suggested that SmithMicro should do an interactive PDF that would show previous versions interfaces and where the buttons could be located on the current version. It wouldn't really wouldn't take that much time and it would be a great help to newbies.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group