Timing issue

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mpierich

Timing issue

Post by mpierich »

Hi, probably another dumb question here, but the user's manual has some holes in it.

I have two animated layers that are supposed to move simultaneously in sync with each other. One is an image layer, the other a vector.

The objects are set to stop and start at the same places on the timeline. But the image layer object overtakes the vector object (speed-wise) and arrives at the second point before the vector layer object, which then catches up at the second point.

Is there any way to join the objects/layers so that one is dragged along with the other?

I can share the file if someone tells me how.

Thanks again. :)
hayasidist

Re: Timing issue

Post by hayasidist »

chances are the end alignments (position or timing) are not quite right ( = correctly and exactly aligned)...

if you have intermediate key frames - are these exactly right?

if that isn't it, then the check the interpolation modes... if they're different then you'll see that the layers start and end at the correct point at the correct time, but they'll transit the path with a different velocity profile.
jessica951

Post by jessica951 »

Maybe if you change the point on the timeline from smooth to linear it would fix the problem. can you share the file?
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I would like to see an example too.
I think I would just group them and move the group (if possible).