Problem with sound export!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eyebot

Problem with sound export!

Post by eyebot »

Hi,
I am trying to export a quicktime from Anime Studio Pro 9 with sound but instead I get static sound? the audio file either as WV or QT imports fine but when it's time to export, no sound. I never had this problem with Anime Studio Pro 8. Anyone encountered that problem and found solutions? I find having to resync outside of Anime unacceptable as it used to work perfectly with 8.

Thanks
Eyebot
minstrel

Re: Problem with sound export!

Post by minstrel »

To 'chime' in with Eyebot, I'm also experiencing sound export issues using AS9.2. Perhaps the two are related?

Recently upgraded from AS6 [I know, it's been a while] and have again picked-up my studies with this program. As I remember, I had no problems exporting with audio in the earlier version 6.

I made several very basic 'Export Animation' tests which included audio. Results were quite varied and point to codec problems that perhaps others have already resolved.

When I examine the exported file the audio is described as fl32: 32 bit float...hum, never dealt with that one before. Imports/play of the animations fail using VLC Media Player v2.04, Movie Edit Plus 2013, Edit Studio and any other editor I try.

This happens with both AVI and Quicktime exports. I tried using both mp3 and wav files...no changes.

Attached a screenshot of VLC's error...again, I'm using AnimeStudio Pro 9.2.
http://www.crossresolution.com/forumstu ... ch_as9.jpg

Granted, the majority of my audio work will be accomplished within my Video Editors...even so, at present, animations with audio, exported from AS9.2, are not working properly for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Minstrel

Note: Animations without sound render/play with no problems.
...the best is yet to come!
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I am also having this problem, but I am using AS8 Pro.

The sound is fine while I'm working on the animation, but when I export, I get bursts of static after loud sounds play. My audio levels are within normal limits, nothing is pegged. I tried lowering the volume of the clips, saving the animation to different formats and finally got one that was okay, but there is still a slight bit of static.

I have never had this problem before. I just recently switched to a new computer with Windows 7 though.
animefun

Post by animefun »

I have also a problem with sound export in 9.2 When I render out an uncompressed avi and bring it into premiere pro cs6, sometimes the audio gets cut off a few seconds into the rendered clip. I sometimes have re-rendered the uncompressed avi in anime studio and then it works fine in premiere. Very mysterious. But, yes, in the meantime, I sometimes just load the audio file separately into premiere and sync it there. Not exactly ideal, so I hope they fix this in the next update.
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I think this is an issue with certain codecs. Like the person above, I had the audio cut-off using avi as well. When I rendered using QuickTime's Animation codec, which is lossless, there were no problems with the audio. This format was also a good choice for the editing app I'm using, Lightworks.

Usually, I don't want compressed video output from Anime Studio anyway because it's going to be edited in another application. So, I recommend using the animation codec to export from AS. When you need compressed video, use something like Virtual Dub, or your editing app to compress it.
ErikAtMapache

Post by ErikAtMapache »

I posed a defect with Smith Micro a few weeks ago related to this. I got a popping noise at the beginning of the clip when I exported to avi. It was only a couple of frames long -- just long enough to notice when editing. It didn't matter what codec I used and I confirmed with other programs that it was only AS, not the computer in general. I have high hopes that it will be fixed but otherwise I just fix it while editing.
animefun

Post by animefun »

Yes, I get that popping/crackling noise at the beginning also with avi. But, I am most annoyed by the unpredictable loss of audio a few seconds into the clip with an uncompressed avi. It doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not for a clips longer than a few seconds.
ErikAtMapache

Post by ErikAtMapache »

This sounds like a memory issue -- that is, some buffer somewhere is running out of memory when it is storing the video and the sound is getting corrupted. I generally make clips of 10 - 30 seconds and stitch them together in a video editor and don't get sound dropoff. However, instead of uncompressed AVI I use the Lagarith codec which is lossless (http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html) and cuts the file size by 50% or more.
Seb78

Post by Seb78 »

Hello, animation friends! I also have problems with the export of my animation movies into AVI files (uncompressed) when audio (all WAV files as recommended by the programme) is involved. The VLC player does not detect any mistakes or damages of the index as long as the animation export does not include audio. But of course, I want to export my whole movie including sound and music effects. What can I do? I would be thankful for any advice. I own the version 9 (updated to 9.2.1 now) on my old DELL computer running Windows XP (32 bit). The funny thing is that when I had the test version 9.5, I had no problems at all with the audio export.
Thanks in advance!
Sebastian
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If you have a video editing program a short-term workaround would be to export your AS work without sound, and re-build the soundtrack as a video edit.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Seb78

Post by Seb78 »

Hi jahnocli! Thanks for your fast reply! I did that recommended trick, but of course I do not want this rebuild to be a long term solution. There must be a way to export video AND sound with anime studio pro 9.2.1 - I just do not understand why it worked before on the same computer with the free 9.5. Many greetings!