script>import image sequence

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

velvetelvis70

script>import image sequence

Post by velvetelvis70 »

Hi - I'm trying to import an image sequence into AS9 however I only get one image (they're numbered properly with the number at the end of the name and it won't allow me to shift select more than one) and even that doesn't display.

Is it possible to import a sequence of a couple of hundred pngs and see it play back in the timeline?

If not, I'll have to try some kind of workaround with after effects but I'd really like to hear if anyone encountered/solved this.

Thanks
oakesy

Re: script>import image sequence

Post by oakesy »

Do you have any software to make those images into a movie such as a gif type. Mainly whats happening will be time consuming to add. I think with JPG PNG file you can collate them into a gif animation and import that file. Hopefully a grownup will correct me an offer a better solution. :? :|
A smile is better than a punch even when you want to.

Regards John from Merry England.

MacPro and proud.
ErikAtMapache

Post by ErikAtMapache »

I have a script I use to assign frames to the timeline. It can be found at:

http://StormCel.com/Files/EB_loopSwitch.lua (download by using right-click Save Link As...)

Place the file in the scripts directory. On my machine it is:
C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 9\Resources\Support\scripts\menu\Custom (I added a "Custom" directory for myself -- you can change this if desired)

Usage is:
Create switch layer
Add images to switch layer (I usually just drag them in from file manager)
Select switch layer and select a frame number as a starting point
Run the script
--The Starting Frame will filled is by default but can change it if needed
--The Interval is the number of frames between images (a value of 2 means a new image every 2nd frame, etc.)
--The Image # Interval is the number of images incremented every time a frame is added (usually you want 1)
-- Reverse adds images in reverse order

This is a script I modified that was originally made by David Rylander.

Hope this helps.
Erik
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

If the script is not working for what ever reason, you can try this. open the folder and select all the images that you want to import to AS . Now just drag those into AS in a switch layer and they should import in the same order.

I recommend that you import those images into a movie editor and set the frame rate to what you will use in AS and save as some sort of movie format. Also you will have to tell the editor to show each image for one second because most are set at a 5 second default; my Sony Vegas is.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
velvetelvis70

Post by velvetelvis70 »

Thanks so much, guys.

ErikatMapache, the script works a treat - Smith Micro should take note as I imagine this would be a dealbreaker for many animators thinking about using this software - which apart from that one glitch is outstanding.
ErikAtMapache

Post by ErikAtMapache »

Good, I'm glad it works for you.