TOON BOOM MOHO OR TOON BOOM SOLO ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Ram?n L?pez wrote:- Well, in very first place:
:arrow: ...HELLOOO!!! :D :D :D and, uf... What a relief! :) A lot of catastrofist rumours about your absence have now disspeared, but... :roll:

- ...But now the other thing:
Lost Marble wrote:I moved to a new house
:shock: Maybe in Beberly Hills??? Definitely sounds like if "Micro :evil: soft" has bougth "Lost Marble Company"... Sniff... :cry: :cry: :cry:

...CIAO! :wink:

PS: ...and GOOD LUCK with all that mess! We'll be waiting you!!! :D
You are one wacky dude, Ramon.

Glad to have you back, LM. You've spoiled us with your presence here. Any time you don't post a response to someone's feature request (or complaint) within half an hour you get a message that has more emoticons than content claiming you don't care (or have sold it all off to a larger company). :) You're more patient with us all than we deserve.

Ah, the fact that you respond at all puts you ahead of the rest of the companies out there. And our impatience is only because we care.

Good luck with the move and the software developing!
________
Free Xxx Movies
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

kdiddy13 wrote:you get a message that has more emoticons than content
:roll: ...TRUE! And for the other things :( ...I don't know if I've understood very well what that it means... :? (SORRY!)
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

kdiddy13 wrote: Ah, the fact that you respond at all puts you ahead of the rest of the companies out there. And our impatience is only because we care.

Good luck with the move and the software developing!
I could have written this if i wasn't so busy :wink:
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Ram?n L?pez wrote:
kdiddy13 wrote:you get a message that has more emoticons than content
:roll: ...TRUE! And for the other things :( ...I don't know if I've understood very well what that it means... :? (SORRY!)
Ha! Don't worry about it Ramon. I was just bustin' your chops (giving you a hard time). We're all friends here.
________
Mywebcamhookup
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

Now I'm completely confused by the proliferation of Toon Boom software. I think Solo is supposed to be a fusion of two of their other programs, one of which is intended for cut-out animation and one of which is for more traditional animation.

As I've said before, if Moho had tools for traditional, frame-by-frame animation I would not need any other program. As it is I will probably end up buying ToonBoom Studio for my traditional animation needs and keep Moho for the cut-out stuff. The two don't look good combined, so I don't see the point in having one program for both.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

kdiddy13 wrote:We're all friends here.
...Of COURSE!!! :D All for the BEST & MOST FRIENDLY forum in the world! 8)
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

[quote="The two don't look good combined, so I don't see the point in having one program for both.[/quote]

Yes, you are right. :)
CHIO.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Helo all!

I must admit that this forum is different then others, I wish it was more active though.

In response to some of the questions or rhumours.

Solo is the standalone version of Harmony (15000$+), a studio 2d animation software by Toon Boom.

Solo is 2000$ update if you have Studio(399$)

I am going from 3D back to 2D and I am looking at the different software out there.

I had a good look at Solo demo, it is an impressive piece of software aimed at high quality traditionnal or cut-out animation.

It has tools I would like to see in Moho but I must say that Moho is the most impressive in regard to the price so far. The ability to make variable line width alone is a seller for me, Solo doesnt have that, only if you use a tablet and then you cannot adjust the width.

And that is only one example.

To say that Solo has bones isnt quite the truth, it has handles for cut-outs, so you can rotate them according to a rotation point, you cant actually create actions like you can in Moho.

Moho is definatlly on a shelf of it s own, but I do not see it as a professional software for mass production, like Solo is.

I am still looking for the app I will use for 2D, but Moho sure is a posibility, no matter what it s price is.

My two cents