trouble Importing AVI's into ASpro 9 64bit.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Squeakydave

trouble Importing AVI's into ASpro 9 64bit.

Post by Squeakydave »

I know QT doesn't work with the windows 64 bit version of AS pro and that I should use AVi's but I can't seem to import them. I just get a broken link graphic in my work space.
I'm trying to import some ref video from my clients after effects (Cs6) project so I can match it. I have tried pretty much all the usual avi codecs out of AE (mjpeg, intel iyuv, lagarith) but none will import. I've spent far too much time re-rendering my footage and I'm about to give up and hop over to the 32bit ASpro.
As AVi is supposed to work with 64bit does anyone what codecs actually do work? Has anyone actually imported and avi?
Squeakydave

Re: trouble Importing AVI's into ASpro 9 64bit.

Post by Squeakydave »

I have just tried opening an uncompressed avi (from after effects CS6) and it won't open at all. I have also rendered out a avi (microsoft RLE) from the 32 bit AS and that still gives me a broken link icon and no video when imported into AS 64bit.
Something is wrong somewhere. Could be my machine?

I guess I'll have to stick to 32bit for this project :-(

Any developers reading this have any suggestions?
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

It seems that some other users (on another forum) have the same issues and have reported this as a bug.
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Hi Dave,

This has been reported to our bug database.

Thanks Dave.

Fahim
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Thanks Fahim.
I've gone back to the 32bit version to get reference video into my project but then hop back to 64bit to render. Messy but gets the job done.
A great shame that Apple are not sharing QT on 64bit (Probably all part of their plan for word dominance) but It would be great if ASpro 64 could support more video formats.