Anime Studio 9 Available Now!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

onurdemirsoy

Re: Anime Studio 9 Available Now!

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I cant find Export/Quicktime Mov feature in Anime Studio Pro 9 64 bit version. I exist only in 32 bit version. I uninstall and reinstall Quicktime but nothing changed. Do you know the reason?
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

purchase the upgrade!!!
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

onurdemirsoy wrote:I cant find Export/Quicktime Mov feature in Anime Studio Pro 9 64 bit version. I exist only in 32 bit version. I uninstall and reinstall Quicktime but nothing changed. Do you know the reason?
Are you on Windows or Mac?

Regards,

Fahim
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I am on Windows 7 64 Bit Fahim..
Fahim wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:I cant find Export/Quicktime Mov feature in Anime Studio Pro 9 64 bit version. I exist only in 32 bit version. I uninstall and reinstall Quicktime but nothing changed. Do you know the reason?

Regards,

Fahim
animefun

Post by animefun »

Bought and downloaded 9 today - I can tell it is performing faster, much smoother (in playback) in 64 bit win7 than ASP8.2 and all on a core 2 duo laptop. Been anxiously waiting for this upgrade the last few weeks to continue on my project, especially looking to immediately put to use the smart bones and other great enhancements. You guys have made an awesome program even better - this is the only program that truly allows me to create what I envisioned and I've tried many 3d software which was bogged down with too many technical details that blocked creativity and didn't produce the look I was looking for. This program once you learn it - just allows creativity to flow. Kudos! :D
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

onurdemirsoy wrote:I am on Windows 7 64 Bit Fahim..
Fahim wrote:

Regards,

Fahim
This issue is really odd - and scary.
Because I do have Windows 7, 64bit too, and I stil have the Quicktime export feature and already exported a mov clip, without problems.
If really ASP9 doesn't support quicktime in 64 bit, then this is a scandal, because I guess most of us export in mov.
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Diana Kennedy wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:I am on Windows 7 64 Bit Fahim..
This issue is really odd - and scary.
Because I do have Windows 7, 64bit too, and I stil have the Quicktime export feature and already exported a mov clip, without problems.
If really ASP9 doesn't support quicktime in 64 bit, then this is a scandal, because I guess most of us export in mov.
Actually, Apple has not created a 64 bit version of Quicktime for 64 bit Windows OS'. The 32 bit version of Quicktime definitely works on 64 bit Windows OS'.

With that in mind, we implemented a very common solution that other software vendors have also adopted:

Windows 64 bit customers are provided 2 installers. During the installation process both a 32 bit (Universal) version and a 64 bit version of Anime Studio Pro 9 is installed on their machine. The reason for this is because QuickTime on Windows is only available in 32 bit architecture and thus not available (nor technically compatible) in the 64 bit version of Anime Studio Pro 9. But the 32-bit Windows (Universal) version of Anime Studio Pro 9 completely supports QuickTime. So folks with a 64 bit Windows OS' can use both Anime Studio Pro 9 32 bit and 64 bit applications as they need to.

With respect to 64 bit Mac OS customers, Quicktime is available in 64 bit architecture and as such will only install one version of Anime Studio Pro 9 on their machine.

"Onurdemirsoy" please launch the 32 bit Anime Studio Pro 9 installer in order to get access to QuickTime export/import functionality. It is named Anime Studio Pro (x86) and should be available via your Start Menu > All Programs > Smith Micro > Anime Studio Pro (x86)

Regards,

Fahim
animefun

Post by animefun »

On windows, I render out from Anime Studio in avi uncompressed HD 1920x1080 size anyway and bring the footage into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 for editing- from there, you can export to a multitude of formats like quicktime, mp4, wmv etc. I've had no issues with AVI uncompressed - yes, the files are big, but should be kept as source footage masters. Hard drives are cheap now. Of course, rendering out the edited product in Premiere into another more easier to play compressed format like mp4 is desired for the end product. Yes, I have a nvidia card for premiere's mecury engine which accelerates HD editing.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

AS9 is frankly the best upgrade yet with real worl useful features. Well done Mike and the team. It bodes very well indeed for the future.
QT and 64 bit.
I usually export png sequences and put them together in a video editor. Top quality, lossless and a reasonable file size though maybe not quite as convenient as QT with animation codec set to max.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Fahim wrote:
... So folks with a 64 bit Windows OS' can use both Anime Studio Pro 9 32 bit and 64 bit applications as they need to...
I'm running Windows, Vista, Home Premium, 64 Bit.

The AS Launch Icon that installed says AS Pro (x86). When I open the program and click the "About AS Pro" tab in the help menu, the splash page says that it's "Version 9, Build 6153 (32-Bit)"

I haven't noticed that 9 runs any faster on my PC than 8 did. Plus I still have all of my MOV Export options. Question... How can I access the 64 Bit version?
Adam
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

drumlug13 wrote:
Fahim wrote:
... So folks with a 64 bit Windows OS' can use both Anime Studio Pro 9 32 bit and 64 bit applications as they need to...
I'm running Windows, Vista, Home Premium, 64 Bit.

The AS Launch Icon that installed says AS Pro (x86). When I open the program and click the "About AS Pro" tab in the help menu, the splash page says that it's "Version 9, Build 6153 (32-Bit)"

I haven't noticed that 9 runs any faster on my PC than 8 did. Plus I still have all of my MOV Export options. Question... How can I access the 64 Bit version?
Hi Drumlug13,

Just to summarize:

It appears that you are only seeing the 32 bit desktop icon. You aren't seeing 2 icons, one should say "Anime Studio Pro" - this is the 64 bit version and the other one says "Anime Studio Pro (X86)" - this is the 32 bit version.

If this is the case, and I am sure you are 100% confident you are on a 64 bit machine, then I would say this is the first I am seeing this. If you don't mind, would you be able to send me an email directly at fniaz@smithmicro.com, I will make sure that we can trouble shoot your issue with our tech support team.

Regards,

Fahim
Not An Artist

Post by Not An Artist »

Things are working nicely on my iMac i7 (2011) under 10.8. When I go to export, it only seems to be using 450 MB of RAM; I have 8 GB total... the CPUs seem to be pretty maxed out.

- - -

As long as Fahim is on this thread, can I ask a question?

In one of the intro videos, the host has Papagayo running alongside AS 9. On a Windows machine.

Are there any plans to upgrade Papagayo? It doesn't work on Mac and I don't want to work with Boot Camp or whatever.

It would be really, really nice to have Papagayo; I do a lot of lip syncing.
If only I could draw...
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Sorry guys that was 100% my fault. I didn't read that first pop up at installation. I didn't realize it was going to load both programs separately. I re-installed and all is well now. Thanks for looking into it.
Adam
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Not An Artist wrote:Things are working nicely on my iMac i7 (2011) under 10.8. When I go to export, it only seems to be using 450 MB of RAM; I have 8 GB total... the CPUs seem to be pretty maxed out.

- - -

As long as Fahim is on this thread, can I ask a question?

In one of the intro videos, the host has Papagayo running alongside AS 9. On a Windows machine.

Are there any plans to upgrade Papagayo? It doesn't work on Mac and I don't want to work with Boot Camp or whatever.

It would be really, really nice to have Papagayo; I do a lot of lip syncing.
Hi Not An Artist,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will add your papagayo request to our enhancement list and present it to the team!

Regards,

Fahim
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Good to hear. Papagayo is a very handy bit of software. That sort of functionality would actually be really useful inside of Anime Studio.